Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my SS EX-L Nav Pilot for a week now. I am planning a little trip this weekend. I want to buy a few things to keep in the Pilot, just in case items. I am going to buy a 2 Cell Maglite, Fix-a-Flat, Flares and maybe some Jumper Cables. What else do you guys and gals suggest I carry? What kind of roadside safety items do you have in your Pilot?

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have...

Gloves, Companion tool kit, rope, first aid kit, bungee cords, jumper cables, rugby top, plastic trash bags, Silver Mag Lite, and only two third row head rests.

Are we twins separated at birth? Same cars, same area, registered almost the same time.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol..Seems like we are twins..Where did you get your Pilot. I bought mine in Tracy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Burlingame.

Off-topic, but have you had any problems with your 04 Pilot? I have a thread open about a chirping noise. I'm also experiencing scrunch and saggy seats.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Back on the topic......

I only carry my cell phone

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
A roll of paper towels and a container of wipes in case anything icky gets on my Pilot. Oh yeah, and my cell phone with AAA's number stored, in case anything breaks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
A small fire extinguisher fits nicely among the 3 headrests in the rear compartment.

Larry

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
GregthePilotMan said:
I have had my SS EX-L Nav Pilot for a week now. I am planning a little trip this weekend. I want to buy a few things to keep in the Pilot, just in case items. I am going to buy a 2 Cell Maglite, Fix-a-Flat, Flares and maybe some Jumper Cables. What else do you guys and gals suggest I carry? What kind of roadside safety items do you have in your Pilot?

Thanks for the input.
A regular lug wrench with a 19mm socket head on it (a 14 inch wrench fits in the headrest storage, sans headrests) and a wide blade flat screwdriver for popping the cover over the spare's cable screw are two items I carry, in addition to the other stuff mentioned.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I carry: A basic 12 piece tool kit, jumper cables, bungee cords, a good flashlight, and a type BC fire extinguisher. I've used all of these items (the jumper cables & fire extinguisher on other cars).

·
Registered
23 Posts
For just about any roadside problem...

Basic tool kit, some wire (for electrical or holding something together), zip ties, jumper cables, some medical supplies and gloves (I'm an EMT), flashlight, cell phone, and a handgun.

I'd go with reflective triangles over the flares. More versitle & less liability.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: For just about any roadside problem...

ffdk said:
...and a handgun.

:eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PADZZ

What state do you live in?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A lot of states have strict gun laws.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah they do. Utah does too, but they also give you the RIGHT to carry. It's weird though because Utah is an unlikely state that you'd really need one (I do because of the line of work I'm in), but Cali, NY, etc. where you'd need one, you can't...does that make sense? It's late :8:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
These trunk organizers are kind of nice to have to store, flashlight, battery cables, first aid kit, duct tape, tools, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
PADZZ said:
Yeah they do. Utah does too, but they also give you the RIGHT to carry. It's weird though because Utah is an unlikely state that you'd really need one (I do because of the line of work I'm in), but Cali, NY, etc. where you'd need one, you can't...does that make sense? It's late :8:
Makes sense & you're preaching to the choir (in my case anyway).

kad

1 - 20 of 38 Posts