Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Pilot EX 4WD for the life of me I cannot figure out.
About a year and half ago, (about 7500 miles on a now low use vehicle) I replaced the brakes and rotors all the way around. I replaced them due to uneven light braking, pulsating brake pedal and Steering wheel shake with moderate to heavy braking. As expected this fixed the issue.
So when pulsating pedal and shaky steering wheel returned, I put on new front and rear rotors expecting the same result
Problem still exists.
I replaced the caliper guide pins as one felt a little sticky. I cleaned out the housing making sure to get all of the old dirty grease out and regreased the new pins and boots with a silicone based grease that stated specifically you can use on caliper pins.
I checked that none of the caliper “pistons”were siezed could be driven back into housing.
Problem still exists.
After inspecting the front lower control arm bushings, neither show any sign of cracks or leaks and both appear as like new.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but The rotors are new. I just changed them. Less than 5 miles on them. With 0 miles problem still existed upon the first moderate application of the brake in the speed range of 30-50.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Thanks but The rotors are new. I just changed them. Less than 5 miles on them. With 0 miles problem still existed upon the first moderate application of the brake in the speed range of 30-50.
Are the lug nuts always torqued to spec with a torque wrench?
Is the surface of the hub that the rotors mount to clean of corrosion?
What brand and version of pads and rotors are you using?

·
Registered
292 Posts
As xGS suggested it could be a build up of rust on the hub causing the rotor to not sit flat against the hub. I would do a runout check on the rotor. If it is out of specification I would the check the hub runout.

I am not sure what brand rotor you have but it might have excessive runout right out of the box.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
If that doesn't do it, get these (for your model year) and put all your "warped rotor" problems behind you. I actually enjoy braking now, even a couple of years into them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Did you place the caliper pins in the correct location? There is a difference in the top and bottom pin.

If so compliance bushings or tires. I've had both fix this problem even though the compliance bushings looked ok.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Might be a silly question... but you say you just replaced rotors all the way around... did you also replace the pads again with them? Or are the old, newish pads still on it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Total mileage?

Could be a lower ball joint getting sloppy. just a little runout on that rotor and it will translate if the joint is moving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts