Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Honda Pilot Ex and need help identifying this hose. it’s on the front driver side. I have noticed it that there’s a leak on this hose. Please help. Thank you in advace.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

Automotive tire Grey Wood Tints and shades Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
Home of the 305k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
14,585 Posts
Hello,
Yes, these are ATF line going to the radiator and back to the transmission.
I highly recommend that if your Pilot has never had the radiator replaced, you should do so. This year model had a high radiator failure rate that caused mixing of the ATF with engine coolant that can destroy both the engine and transmission.

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
5,098 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You found the best Pilot forum on the web. As mentioned above, change those hoses as well as the radiator (unless you’re certain that’s not the original radiator). If you search Strawberry Milkshake of Death (SMOD) you’ll understand why this is being suggested.

Reactions: aggrex and ConrodM

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,
Yes, these are ATF line going to the radiator and back to the transmission.
I highly recommend that if your Pilot has never had the radiator replaced, you should do so. This year model had a high radiator failure rate that caused mixing of the ATF with engine coolant that can destroy both the engine and transmission.
Thank you very much! But the car has only 111k miles and not driven a lot. Do I still have to replaced the radiator? Thanks again!

·
Registered
Home of the 305k 2012 V6 Honda Crosstour
14,585 Posts
Thank you very much! But the car has only 111k miles and not driven a lot. Do I still have to replaced the radiator? Thanks again!
If the radiator is original, my advice would be to replace it. It was a known defect. It’s written about many times in the forum. I’d replace all those rubber ATF return lines too.
Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

1 - 8 of 8 Posts