Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 pilot elite
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a used 2016 Honda pilot elite. I love this thing! I only recived one key. Apparently they have multiple options of keys available and if you get the wrong one it won't work.

Can anyone help me find the correct key to purchase? Any help is very much appreciated!

·
Registered
2016 pilot elite
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also where is the best online store for parts? I need floormats, rails for the luggage rack and the plastic engine cover. I was thinking of headrest DVDs has anyone here purchased those? As always any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
I thought all Pilots came with two key fobs. (Driver1 and Driver2). I think you will have to go through Honda to get another fob and to get it programmed.

·
Registered
2016 pilot elite
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought all Pilots came with two key fobs. (Driver1 and Driver2). I think you will have to go through Honda to get another fob and to get it programmed.
Ya they do when purchased new. The dealership wants $300 for key and program. I can get a new key anywhere from $10 - $90 online and can get it programmed for $60.
The problem is the elite and touring keys use a different signal than the others.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Not necessarily

I just purchased a used 2016 Honda pilot elite. I love this thing! I only recived one key. Apparently they have multiple options of keys available and if you get the wrong one it won't work.

Can anyone help me find the correct key to purchase? Any help is very much appreciated!
Look at your key and search Ebay or Amazon for "2016 Honda Pilot Key (FCC ID number here)"

example
FCC ID: KR5T44

NEW

USED

·
Registered
846 Posts
Not sure why you can't find the information on line using perhaps a Honda parts store such as College Hills or Hyannis for example.

Results from College Hills, key #2 is listed first.

Key Fob Driver 2

You can also look either on the back of the key fob you have, or maybe inside it for the FCC number and the frequency it uses.

Once you get the information you need, you should be able to perhaps find it on eBay or other online sources for less money and programmed?

Reactions: Jherb81

·
Registered
2016 pilot elite
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not sure why you can't find the information on line using perhaps a Honda parts store such as College Hills or Hyannis for example.

Results from College Hills, key #2 is listed first.

Key Fob Driver 2

You can also look either on the back of the key fob you have, or maybe inside it for the FCC number and the frequency it uses.

Once you get the information you need, you should be able to perhaps find it on eBay or other online sources for less money and programmed?
Thank you! I called my local dealership and they wouldn't give me the info I needed. Of course they want me to buy from them. I'll try opening up the key! Thanks again!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Any idea if you need key 1 or key 2? Sometimes they are marked on the case itself but I have covers on both my keys and don't know for sure. I'll go look at my key 2 hanging up in the house.

Believe it or not, one of the big box stores has pretty good car key services from what I have read. Not sure if it is Lowes or Home Depot. There are also a lot of sellers on eBay who will program or sell you the instructions on how to program the key. Not sure if Honda needs special tools or scanners to do so.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Ok, the back of my key hanging up is marked Driver 2. Look at yours and see if you have number 1 or 2 and then get the other one.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Here are a few pictures of the Key Fob from my 2019 Touring. Driver #2

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
857 Posts
Also where is the best online store for parts? I need floormats, rails for the luggage rack and the plastic engine cover. I was thinking of headrest DVDs has anyone here purchased those? As always any advice is greatly appreciated!
Bought a set of Maxliner floor mats on Amazon and I am very happy with them. Similar to Weathertech but not as pricey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts