Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this mounted right next to the front motor mount? It screws into the two red highlighted holes next to the front motor mount. Nothing is attached to it and it has two rubber blocks in it. Can’t see it being a dampener or bump stop for anything as nothing is even close to it.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Road surface Rectangle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exhaust Bumper

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
524 Posts
It's supposedly some kind of vibration reduction thing. I removed mine when replacing the front engine mount and didn't put it back on since it was pretty rusted. I don't think it's essential, but maybe someone else noticed changes after removing theirs.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,517 Posts
BTW, @andywatson, how's your Pilot situation developing? Hope you have, or will have, some good news to share.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
524 Posts
May I ask where you’re sourcing it? I’m sure I’ll have to do mine down the road one day. 1-2 shift is a little rough sometimes.
Actually, I'm going to attempt to remove the transmission myself and take it to a local shop that says they'll rebuild it for $1800. I don't have the $3500 they quoted for them to do it all, so I'm just saving up for the rebuild cost.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,517 Posts
I'd bet we could all cajole @Daltongang to divert a small portion of his newly-appointed Administrator windfall emolument lucre into a GoFundMe that would more than cover you for your transmission. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts