Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of the dash on top near the window is black plastic cap. Inside the cap is a small sensor that looks like it's photosensitive (electric eye). Does anyone know what it's for?

If you have looked behind your head unit you'll see some white wires running along the bottom of the dash towards the engine. The sensor is connected to those wires.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
It's a sunlight sensor, used (in combination with the interior temperature sensor to the right of the steering column) by the climate control system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
This sunlight sensor seems to be to sensative. I can feel the AC fan increasing and decreasing whenever I even drive from a shade to sunlight even for a few 5 seconds.

On another note, the weather here is starting to heat up I look forward to testing the MRV's (pilot) AC to it's limits:1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Dune Buster said:
This sunlight sensor seems to be to sensative. I can feel the AC fan increasing and decreasing whenever I even drive from a shade to sunlight even for a few 5 seconds.

On another note, the weather here is starting to heat up I look forward to testing the MRV's (pilot) AC to it's limits:1:
How hot is "hot" in Saudi Arabia this time of year??? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
gksmith said:
In the middle of the dash on top near the window is black plastic cap. Inside the cap is a small sensor that looks like it's photosensitive (electric eye). Does anyone know what it's for?

If you have looked behind your head unit you'll see some white wires running along the bottom of the dash towards the engine. The sensor is connected to those wires.
gksmith, this is a new take on a signature line!!!! Good job with the rolling text. Maybe there's a trend beginning here toward more "elaborate" signatures. I was surprised to see what's being used in some of the luxury car forums.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Hi it seems that both of us are logged in at the same time it's 1 am over here!!.

today the high was 35C which I believe is over 90 F. It should easily exceed 100F in June, July and August (which is the peak of peaks so to say;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Dune Buster said:
Hi it seems that both of us are logged in at the same time it's 1 am over here!!.

today the high was 35C which I believe is over 90 F. It should easily exceed 100F in June, July and August (which is the peak of peaks so to say;)
Dune Buster: Thanks for the scoop about the mid-East!!! :29: Part 2 of the 3-part question now becomes, "How's the humidity level over there when the temp exceeds the century (F) mark?" Is it a "dry" heat? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
kemosabe said:


Dune Buster: Thanks for the scoop about the mid-East!!! :29: Part 2 of the 3-part question now becomes, "How's the humidity level over there when the temp exceeds the century (F) mark?" Is it a "dry" heat? :confused:
Jeddah (where I am now) is on the Red Sea coast. Humidity is normal year round. Currently not so humid (relatively speaking). However, during the peaks it gets soaking, sticky, yukky, u name it.:2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,190 Posts
Dune Buster said:


Jeddah (where I am now) is on the Red Sea coast. Humidity is normal year round. Currently not so humid (relatively speaking). However, during the peaks it gets soaking, sticky, yukky, u name it.:2:
And a second thanks to Dune Buster for the answer to my 3-part question!!!

I don't recall anyone asking, so I'll go ahead and ask (THREADDRIFT), "Are you a U.S. citizen working in Saudi, or are you a Saudi citizen, or ???" since I believe you are the only one that I know of on this board from that part of the world!!!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
kemosabe said:


And a second thanks to Dune Buster for the answer to my 3-part question!!!

I don't recall anyone asking, so I'll go ahead and ask (THREADDRIFT), "Are you a U.S. citizen working in Saudi, or are you a Saudi citizen, or ???" since I believe you are the only one that I know of on this board from that part of the world!!!
I am not a US citizen, althought lived in the USA for a good part of my life. I enjoyed ever bit of it:)

By the way, where did u get that image u attached above ?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top