Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking the driver side footwell area of my Pilot and I noticed this, can someone tell me what is it? It looks like it has a button.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like the valet button for an aftermarket KARR alarm.
I didn't know about KARR alarms. I thought my car comes integrated with a factory alarm, that is why I was surprised to see that module under the footwell because it looks aftermarket.

Why would the car not come with a factory alarm? is this a common?

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
I didn't know about KARR alarms. I thought my car comes integrated with a factory alarm, that is why I was surprised to see that module under the footwell because it looks aftermarket.

Why would the car not come with a factory alarm? is this a common?
Depends on what trim level you choose to purchase. Lower end trim levels have fewer standard features.

·
Registered
9,791 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Some dealers have been installing them for quite a long time:
Why Honda dealers are pre-installing KARR alarm?!
Interesting. Never knew that.

I do know that used car dealers install kill switches on vehicles they sell to high risk individuals. Even month, when you make your payment they give you a number code to in put that is good for another 30 days to keep the vehicle running. Miss a car payment and the vehicle is disabled. Easy for them to go pick up. The immobilizer has a gps unit in it making them easy to find.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Depends on what trim level you choose to purchase. Lower end trim levels have fewer standard features.
My Pilot is an EX-L Trim, I'm wondering if the Alarm is not standard in an EX-L.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some dealers have been installing them for quite a long time:
Why Honda dealers are pre-installing KARR alarm?!
Yes, it looks like a common practice. This part is interesting:

"I only found this out during the final paper signing stage. I was not happy about it and raised hell about this to the general manager. They said it's for my own good since the Pilot's standard alarm is not sufficient."

So they disable the factory alarm and instead install the KARR right? or both are integrated?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts