Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,299 Posts
Flux capacitor? :D

Is that something you opened up or is it always exposed like that?

Stab in the dark: bumper impact sensor that sets off your airbags?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This side was impacted when I hit an orange cone at 70-ok 80 mph. The bumper is somewhat ( haha) pushed in and I wonder if anything was affected. I haven’t noticed if so. Appreciate any suggestions.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,845 Posts
Any wire harnesses wrapped in yellow tape in that area? Those are wires for the SRS (airbag system). That might offer a clue to what you’re looking at.

Reactions: Brianhallgren

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any wire harnesses wrapped in yellow tape in that area? Those are wires for the SRS (airbag system). That might offer a clue to what you’re looking at.
I had the cabin blower replaced a few months ago. I bet they didn’t finish the job.
Your mystery plug is most likely this one, it connects into the side of your washer reservoir and has a fluid line going to it.
I'd say you've got bingo. I replaced what I believed was the rear window washer pump on the side of the reservoir. The front washer works and the rear still doesn't or I haven't given enough time for the fluid to get to the rear window. I think you're right. So now I get to remove my front bumper unless someone knows of a way around that (to get to the open connection in picture). I removed enough attachments to get the RF wheel cowl out of the way to replace the pump.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 191,000 miles
249 Posts
I had the cabin blower replaced a few months ago. I bet they didn’t finish the job.

I'd say you've got bingo. I replaced what I believed was the rear window washer pump on the side of the reservoir. The front washer works and the rear still doesn't or I haven't given enough time for the fluid to get to the rear window. I think you're right. So now I get to remove my front bumper unless someone knows of a way around that (to get to the open connection in picture). I removed enough attachments to get the RF wheel cowl out of the way to replace the pump.
You MIGHT be able to remove the plastic skid plate and a few bumper bolts on that side and just push it out of the way far enough, but at that point you might as well just drop the bumper off. It’ll make life a lot easier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You MIGHT be able to remove the plastic skid plate and a few bumper bolts on that side and just push it out of the way far enough, but at that point you might as well just drop the bumper off. It’ll make life a lot easier.
I agree with you. those bolts and U clips are pretty corroded, so where's my sawzall? I sort of dread pulling the bumper for fear of what I might find. When the cabin blower was replaced, the fixers evicted a mouse house. All part of the adventure. Just as a sidenote, I saw an old green CRV with a for sale sign. I chased him down. 2001, 322K, 5 speed, sounded healthy, good interior, good ac, bought from a mechanic 7 years ago. $1,950 US. I almost bought for my son in law, instead I told him about it. He can buy it but won't. It was pretty nice and no leaks, as I checked the parking spot when he left.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts