Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,848 Posts
That looks to be like it is, or was you ambient light sensor.

·
Administrator
4,848 Posts
Well if you are okay with not having your dash lights dimming when it gets dark, and don't want your headlights to automatically come on when it gets dark then sure, go ahead and pull it. I suspect though that you will also get at least one warning light on the panel for some kind of error.

Is the Radar detector so big that you can't slide it over to one side or the other or even put it up high where they operate better?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well if you are okay with not having your dash lights dimming when it gets dark, and don't want your headlights to automatically come on when it gets dark then sure, go ahead and pull it. I suspect though that you will also get at least one warning light on the panel for some kind of error.

Is the Radar detector so big that you can't slide it over to one side or the other or even put it up high where they operate better?
My dash is always set to full dimness so I don't mind, and my pilot doesn't even have auto turn on headlights, that's why I'm confused.

I'm very happy with the radar being on the dash, works great and out of the way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

In case you didn't already think I'm an idiot, I took the cigarette lighter from the rear (no rear seats no no need) and pulled it forward under where the cup holders are. Plugged in my radar and now gonna fish the wire up :) I'll update if there's a fire.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
View attachment 148886
In case you didn't already think I'm an idiot, I took the cigarette lighter from the rear (no rear seats no no need) and pulled it forward under where the cup holders are. Plugged in my radar and now gonna fish the wire up :) I'll update if there's a fire.
Interesting project! What’s the end game for no rear seats? Could you have tapped onto the cigarette lighter wires for power rather than relocating the rear facing outlet?

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,317 Posts
That looks to be like it is, or was you ambient light sensor.
Yup! Part number's on the side

Looks like you are stripping the interior out.....

Whats the big picture?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting project! What’s the end game for no rear seats? Could you have tapped onto the cigarette lighter wires for power rather than relocating the rear facing outlet?
I'm not an electrician and just trying things on my own lol, so far everything works fine. I wanted my other two outlets up front to not be disrupted so I did this.
Also the third row is still in, just no second. One day I'll make an album of pics of this disgusting DIY beauty, just making the most of it.

·
Administrator
4,848 Posts
Sorry, forgot to mention earlier that the Sunlight/Sun Load sensor also affects how the HVAC works in your vehicle. Sunlight accounts for about 60% of the vehicles interior ambient heat or lack there of and adjusts the performance/output of the HVAC. It affects the blower speeds and blend door settings.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
So no @nd row?

Wow, what you doing/hauling? Dogs, Feed, Drugs? LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
My pilot had the third row out and storage bins with flaps makeshift when I first went to see it. I thought that was handy for camping.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Mucking around with the sunlight sensor will lead to HVAC grief. Leave it be.

So no @nd row?

Wow, what you doing/hauling? Dogs, Feed, Drugs? LOL
Deciphering his user name might provide a clue. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: I used a hot razor blade to cut just a small corner off the sensor, ran the wire up through there and everything seems to be in working order :) Velcro patch is where my radar sits

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And for those asking, there is no set plan/reason for this car. Rear seat delete was mainly done for mpg, extra room, and how hilarious it is to sit in the third row and have all this room in front of you. Everything im doing is done with as little money spent as possible, while also learning and having fun with my nearly 200k daily.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
It's great when you can have your cake and eat it, too. (y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts