Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Pilot EX-L. As I was rummmaging under the hood replacing ground strap and trying to determine why engine fan is not turning on, came across this unconnected cable, orange three hole connector.

Anyone have any idea what and where it connects?

Side note - vehicle does have a plug in engine warmer, former Wisconsin vehicle (though never used).

Thanks for playing our game!
2004 Pilot EX-L 366k miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,182 Posts
Where does the other side of that harness go? That could offer a clue. I don’t recall seeing that type of connector on my 2005 Pilot.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Reactions: STMech

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
That's the issue, I dont see where it is supposed to connect.
The brass fitting is likely located where the engine block drain bolt would be. Between the exhaust manifold and egr pipe.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Your Pilot should have the block heater in place of the "bolt plug".
Might want to clean up and check the cord and block heater first though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let's see if I got this... The orange plug is for the accessory block heater (glad I mentioned that I original post).

Being in Louisiana, I really don't need the block heater, correct? So, nothing to get my hands dirty on.

Now, on to cabin air filter, rear AC resister, and clean rear blower motor screen.

This is absolutely the best auto forum. Almost retired this 2004 Pilot 50,000 miles ago thinking transmission was going. Thru the forum, replaced 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches, drained tranny fluid, and now rolling strong. 367k miles, original engine and tranny - though a bit ugly.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,276 Posts
Being in Louisiana, I really don't need the block heater, correct? So, nothing to get my hands dirty on.
Probably why it was left unplugged at some point.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
Probably why it was left unplugged at some point.
This is not something that you leave plugged in because of its location by the exhaust manifold. It would likely ruin the wiring near the extreme heat. User likely plugged in as needed. The brass fitting with the heating element is most likely there in your engine block doing no harm. The other end of the cord is probably conveniently tucked away somewhere.

"Says the guy in Texas who has never needed this, to a Canadian who probably knows this."

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 10 of 10 Posts