Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Pilot EX-L silver
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just given a 2003 Honda Pilot that has its original spare tire. Given that it's 18 years old it's probably dry rotted to hell and unsafe to use in an emergency. I'd like to order a new one but I can't seem to find the size online. I'd rather not crawl under the car and find out if someone here knows. Thanks

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
I was just given a 2003 Honda Pilot that has its original spare tire. Given that it's 18 years old it's probably dry rotted to hell and unsafe to use in an emergency. I'd like to order a new one but I can't seem to find the size online. I'd rather not crawl under the car and find out if someone here knows. Thanks
Just get any Gen 1 regular mag and tire. A popular thing to do around here.
IIRC- it's listed on the sticker on the drivers front doorframe with rec. pressures also.

It will fit under in the wheel well. If you haven't taken it down in a while, it's probably out of air anyways.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,198 Posts
Not only is the donut spare prohibitively expensive, but a regular full size spare fits just fine. That's what a lot of folks around here have done.

Long version:

Succinct version:

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,198 Posts
Hope your cable is not frozen.
Mine was. Had to order a new hoist when I replaced the loathsome donut with a full size spare.

However, I take comfort in the fact that I did it at my convenience before I would have been forced to discover the issue by the side of a road somewhere to my great inconvenience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts