Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to find it in owner's manual, tried in searching forums, all without success and would like to know the max carrying capacity in pounds. I have a 2019 pilot elite and planning to take a long road trip. I did find one sight on line which stated 1523 pounds but that seems a little high to me, so I ask the experts. Thanks for any info.

Bob

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
4319 is, the curb weight. 5842 is the GVWR. So, I also come up with 1523 total. That includes driver, passengers, and cargo of course. Seems right.

I also have a 2019 Elite.

·
Registered
208 Posts

Tried to find it in owner's manual, tried in searching forums, all without success and would like to know the max carrying capacity in pounds. I have a 2019 pilot elite and planning to take a long road trip. I did find one sight on line which stated 1523 pounds but that seems a little high to me, so I ask the experts. Thanks for any info.

Bob
As you can see from my Flooring upgrade trip to HD, You can fit quite a bit in the back of your Pilot. Granted, I have a '16 EX-L/RES. I was able to still have the Center row up and kids were still sitting there. I had just over 2300 lbs. in the back without any sagging of the suspension. If I remember correctly, there was an option for a stronger rear suspension as part of the towing package along with the Transmission Fluid / Oil Cooler, but it wasn't an "advertised" option. I regularly have my 450 lb. grill hanging on my trailer hitch as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Odie, you still have 265/60 r18? If you do, any issues rubbing with heavy load? Did you do any modification? I really like the way it looks but worried about issues cuz I usually have full load in my 2016 pilot ex...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts