Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been using the S-VCM Controller. Love it. No changing resistors.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was an early adopter of the VCMuzzler (v1) and I had the resistor go bad after some years. I just recently replaced it with S-VCM and it performs just as well. Long-term still inconclusive but no complaints so far.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure your choice matters massively as they are not huge investments. While I understand wanting to make the best choice, picking an effective one and getting it fitted was a greater priority in my mind.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I read this a while back so thanks for posting it again. Really good information that shows the need to do some research and learn. I am interested to see what experience people have with this or other models.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Not sure buying this from Canada will NOT be hit with the Tariff TAX coming over :p

·
Registered
603 Posts
VCMTuner in two vehicles here. No complaints.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Hands down, without even a close running 2nd, the
S-VCM Controller
This is starting to look like you OWN stock in this Company :p

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
VCMTuner in two vehicles here. No complaints.
I'm running this in my Pilot ..it sucks it still pops ECO light while stop n go traffic

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I have the VCMuzzler V2... it's been great for us I think a handful of times per year the ECO light will pop on but we aren't in stop and go traffic very often. I am satisfied with it but now that I've done more research if I had to do it again I'd probably be looking at the S-VCM.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm running this in my Pilot ..it sucks it still pops ECO light while stop n go traffic
how does it suck? You adjust it! Takes less than one minute. Almost all these low cost simple solutions work the same by lowering the voltage from the sensor. The vcmtuner comes with a rheostat to make tiny voltage adjustments stupid easy. On mine it was just the opposite, on a cold day we actually threw a code for coolant temperature too low. One click on the rheostat and we were perfect. On the hottest days of summer we have seen the ECO light maybe three times, due to really high ambient temperatures.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Sounds like you own stock in every other company BUT muzzler.
Maybe I do ..you never know these days :) ...just out of curiosity though ..owning stock what does that have to do with the product not working in traffic situations ?
Or maybe your one of the lucky ones that don't experience being in traffic for long periods of time :)

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
No connections with the company at all, I was having same issues as you and switched over to s-vcm and eco hasn't even flashed once in all types of driving and temps.
I am actually looking into the s-vcm to get rid of the variable resistor

·
Registered
238 Posts
Maybe I do ..you never know these days :) ...just out of curiosity though ..owning stock what does that have to do with the product not working in traffic situations ?
Or maybe your one of the lucky ones that don't experience being in traffic for long periods of time :)
That one flew right over your head. Are you from California by any chance?

·
Banned
379 Posts
Are these both only on eBay? I have a 2019 EX-L, been trying to decide if I should buy one or not and which one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
No complaints in my limited time with the vcm muzzler ii. Not that concerned if vcm activates every so often because that is very unlikely to cause long term engine issues and probably not a bad idea for the mechanism to engage every so often. Disabling vcm the majority of the time will give 99 percent of owners a motor that will outlast their ownership period and probably the lifespan of the rest of the vehicle. Plus Loren's interactions during the same process were prompt and professional. Finally I
I like the simplicity of disconnecting the muzzler for service and emissions testing. I think the other options are probably fine as well.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Not really
That one flew right over your head. Are you from California by any chance?
Guess the location flew over your head or maybe your one of those Bronx guys that don't drive :) lol
Same state as you are :) ... anyways all good and fun

1 - 20 of 33 Posts