Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked at the mdx afew times and have noticed the trip computer inside it. What exactly is a trip computer and what does it do? Does the pilot come with an available trip compuer?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Pilot has tripmeters as well, which keeps record of two separate trips. The same display also shows the outside temperature if you wanted it to. The tripmeter is useful in many ways, one of which is to measure the distances between your fill-ups and derive your gas milesage from it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
A trip computer usually computes gas mileage since the last fillup, current gas mileage, miles to empty, etc. Yeah, bummer that the Pilot doesn't have one.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
havasu said:
A trip computer usually computes gas mileage since the last fillup, current gas mileage, miles to empty, etc. Yeah, bummer that the Pilot doesn't have one.
Doh, I'll learn to read more carefully next time!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey they had to leave a few things for the Acura line to justify the extra cost of the MDX! :4: So no trip comuter for us. (I think many folks buy pay extra for the MDX because they like looks over the Pilot)

Of course if you have the NAV it tells you how many miles to go and the amount of time remaining at the average speed. You don't get the miles/gallon info which I'm not sure I want to be reminded about all the time...even on the Pilot. I hated looking at the economy info on my Durango - It was painful.:4:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts