Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see what "setups" people have in the gauge cluster:
  • Do you have the tachometer enabled or hidden?
  • Do you have the trip computer info visible at all times, AWD Torque, navegation, now playing...?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I have the tach on, and I prefer it on navigation, but every time I turn the car on it goes back to the home screen. Now I just keep it on fuel economy.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have the tach on, and I prefer it on navigation, but every time I turn the car on it goes back to the home screen. Now I just keep it on fuel economy.
It's easy enough to set up if you want the Navigation to be the selected app when you start the car. You need to arrange the apps using the "Arrange Apps" selector in the driver's interface screen and put Navigation on top. Once that is done, arrange your other apps under Navigation. I have Nav, Trip computer, Maintenance, AWD, Now playing.

Now when you start the car first thing that will appear on the screen will be whatever app you have listed as SECOND, not the Navigation. Don't worry or panic because after about 30 seconds or so, once the GPS gets a reading, the Navigation app will now appear above the second app and be highlighted! All you have to do now is hit "Enter" and your navigation information comes up on the driver's interface. It will not automatically come on without hitting the "Enter" button once the app appears with the GPS locked on.

It beats having to scroll through the list of apps looking for Navigation if you use it as your preferred app. You just have to wait those 30 seconds or so and then it will appear as long as you have it arranged as your first app. It will also appear wherever you have it arranged once the GPS locks on.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It's easy enough to set up if you want the Navigation to be the selected app when you start the car. You need to arrange the apps using the "Arrange Apps" selector in the driver's interface screen and put Navigation on top. Once that is done, arrange your other apps under Navigation. I have Nav, Trip computer, Maintenance, AWD, Now playing.

Now when you start the car first thing that will appear on the screen will be whatever app you have listed as SECOND, not the Navigation. Don't worry or panic because after about 30 seconds or so, once the GPS gets a reading, the Navigation app will now appear above the second app and be highlighted! All you have to do now is hit "Enter" and your navigation information comes up on the driver's interface. It will not automatically come on without hitting the "Enter" button once the app appears with the GPS locked on.

It beats having to scroll through the list of apps looking for Navigation if you use it as your preferred app. You just have to wait those 30 seconds or so and then it will appear as long as you have it arranged as your first app. It will also appear wherever you have it arranged once the GPS locks on.
Thanks for the idea! How did I not think of that lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts