Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Swapped out the incandescent bulbs in the interior lights of my 2020 EX-L AWD with red LED bulbs. I occasionally go out for night sky photography, and this will help with the night vision. They are a little brighter than what I had in my previous vehicle, so we'll see how this goes. Generally leave the switch in the off position.

Here is a link to the bulbs I used, from Amazon:

A thin plastic trim tool made getting the covers out pretty easy after the first one. Used a pair of wide-blade tweezers with a microfiber cloth to pull the bulbs out.
It is a package of 10, did you use all of them?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife and I installed the OEM Black Running Boards on our new 2020 Touring. We are going to be installing the OEM Splash Guards tomorrow morning when it is cooler outside.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Started the progress of paint correction. End up doing a one step with sonax compound that finished pretty good. Didn’t use my 5” pad much cause of the contour of the body. End up with my 3 “ doing most of the work. Don’t know if the paint was hard or the last owner put deeper swirl than I thought. But I end up with say 85% removal. Didn’t want to chase it too much since it my daily and it white so most won’t be seen from distance. Now I’m applying Gtechniq CSL coating with exo4 as my topper.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Woah. I'd like to know what happened to this Pilot lol. It has the 2019+ wheels for the touring or elite, but it has the grille/ bumper of the pre- refresh one. Someone might think that the wheels have just been changed, but that has a sunroof, so that means it's an EX-L or up, but it has no lanewatch camera (which was removed in the 2019 refresh if you didn't know). It also has the roof rails that are standard on the Touring. but can be installed on lower trims as a dealer option. Also it's not too clear in the photo, but the door handles might be not body colored. That could mean that it is an LX with touring wheels, but it has a sunroof so it can't be. Sorry if I seem like if I'm putting a puzzle together, but this car just caught my eyes lol.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Swapped out the incandescent bulbs in the interior lights of my 2020 EX-L AWD with red LED bulbs. I occasionally go out for night sky photography, and this will help with the night vision. They are a little brighter than what I had in my previous vehicle, so we'll see how this goes. Generally leave the switch in the off position.

Here is a link to the bulbs I used, from Amazon:

A thin plastic trim tool made getting the covers out pretty easy after the first one. Used a pair of wide-blade tweezers with a microfiber cloth to pull the bulbs out.
Can you post a photo of the trim tool? I'm interested in replacing mine with LEDs.

Thanks

·
Registered
158 Posts
Woah. I'd like to know what happened to this Pilot lol. It has the 2019+ wheels for the touring or elite, but it has the grille/ bumper of the pre- refresh one. Someone might think that the wheels have just been changed, but that has a sunroof, so that means it's an EX-L or up, but it has no lanewatch camera (which was removed in the 2019 refresh if you didn't know). It also has the roof rails that are standard on the Touring. but can be installed on lower trims as a dealer option. Also it's not too clear in the photo, but the door handles might be not body colored. That could mean that it is an LX with touring wheels, but it has a sunroof so it can't be. Sorry if I seem like if I'm putting a puzzle together, but this car just caught my eyes lol.
I think it’s a ‘16-‘18 Elite with ‘19 wheels. The early Elite had BLIS instead of LaneWatch, had a moonroof and obviously if pre refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts

16 Elite I opt for 2019 rims as I like them over the 16 and it was cheap locally.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think it’s a ‘16-‘18 Elite with ‘19 wheels. The early Elite had BLIS instead of LaneWatch, had a moonroof and obviously if pre refresh.

Oh I thought all the Pilots got lanewatch. Makes sense since elite has bls.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just had the OEM window visors installed. I think they look good, and are deeper than the aftermarket ones I had on my ‘17...

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is the trim set I have, the one that worked best is the flat side of the second tool from the left in the first photo. The gap is really tight, so that very thin blade was best.

Thanks for the motivation. I did the LED interior lights today.

I have the Elite so the rear entertainment and panoramic moon roof moves the lights to the sides instead of the middle.

20200806_151733.jpg

I bought this trim tool set bc I already have 2 metal panel poppers. It was on the recommended page of yours.
Gliston Auto Trim Tool

20200806_151826.jpg

I ordered the same lights but in xenox white.
ibrightstar LED wedge

20200806_151739.jpg

Took about 10 minutes as I was drinking a beer.

The plastic windows attach in 4 places.

20200806_185047.jpg

The rear light I may consider getting a larger light or one with more LEDs but we'll see how this works and whether or not I decide I need more light.

There is definitely room for something more.

20200806_191156.jpg

The annoying part was how hot the existing bulbs were when I was pulling them out. I used a paper towel to wiggle them out but did them by hand.

20200806_185209.jpg

20200806_190514.jpg

20200806_191308.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for the motivation. I did the LED interior lights today.

I have the Elite so the rear entertainment and panoramic moon roof moves the lights to the sides instead of the middle.

View attachment 138785

I bought this trim tool set bc I already have 2 metal panel poppers. It was on the recommended page of yours.
Gliston Auto Trim Tool

View attachment 138788

I ordered the same lights but in xenox white.
ibrightstar LED wedge

View attachment 138786

Took about 10 minutes as I was drinking a beer.

The plastic windows attach in 4 places.

View attachment 138789

The rear light I may consider getting a larger light or one with more LEDs but we'll see how this works and whether or not I decide I need more light.

There is definitely room for something more.

View attachment 138793

The annoying part was how hot the existing bulbs were when I was pulling them out. I used a paper towel to wiggle them out but did them by hand.

View attachment 138790

View attachment 138791

View attachment 138792
Wow that looks really nice. I never thought about changing my lights to LED, but now I really want to lol. I wish Honda offered an option like Subaru does for LED interior lights.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow that looks really nice. I never thought about changing my lights to LED, but now I really want to lol. I wish Honda offered an option like Subaru does for LED interior lights.
Thank you.

I definitely think it's improved and now I also don't have to worry about things getting hot when my kids mess with the lights.

I wasn't sure I would be satisfied with how bright it is but I checked it an hour ago and was very pleased.

Much brighter then stock lighting.

I only used 5 bulbs as my front two were LED.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I took my first stab at a chrome delete on my ‘20 Elite with Plasti Dip. I’d say that I’m about 85% happy with the job so far.

1. When you think you have enough coats done, do two or thee more. I was really thin in areas and had issues peeling the coating off. Had to resort to rubbing off with micro fiber cloth. Which leads into #2.

2. When you think it is dry enough, it isn’t. Especially in the South when humidity is high. I rubbed a few ares that I did not mean to, and exposed chrome. I am going to find a small paintbrush and see if I can color in these areas tomorrow.

My wife is not impressed, but it isn’t her damned car! I haven’t made my mind up on adding the gloss spray yet.

I still plan to do the remaining front pieces and sides, and will take what I learned today into action.

What do you think?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I took my first stab at a chrome delete on my ‘20 Elite with Plasti Dip. I’d say that I’m about 85% happy with the job so far.

1. When you think you have enough coats done, do two or thee more. I was really thin in areas and had issues peeling the coating off. Had to resort to rubbing off with micro fiber cloth. Which leads into #2.

2. When you think it is dry enough, it isn’t. Especially in the South when humidity is high. I rubbed a few ares that I did not mean to, and exposed chrome. I am going to find a small paintbrush and see if I can color in these areas tomorrow.

My wife is not impressed, but it isn’t her damned car! I haven’t made my mind up on adding the gloss spray yet.

I still plan to do the remaining front pieces and sides, and will take what I learned today into action.

What do you think?

Now all you need to do is smoke the tail lights and you have a black edition!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looks good for a first attempt to go black. Once you’re sure about the look and want something more permanent you could switch to bed liner coating.
True

I am very happy with my bed liner grille...blacked out grille and blacked out rims

Now the SUV feels like a Truck, rough and rugged ;)

141 - 160 of 166 Posts