You can also just buy stickers that you put over the Acura emblem. Search for center cap stickers.
Oops, didn't see the thread is for 2016-2020. Have to find or create this thread for the 2003 thread area.I've been told by two Honda mechanics that using a high quality Synthetic 0w-40 will be fine and won't affect the VVT engine.
Have to remember though this is the 3rd generation Pilot forum (2016-2020). The Honda specified oil is 0W20 for these models. The majority of owners here are still under a factory warranty I would guess and I for one would not want to take a chance using a wrong oil viscosity, even if one, two, or more Honda mechanics said it is OK.
They aren't the ones providing any warranty for the engine.
Now once out of warranty, have at it!
Nice. A couple of observations:Power steering fluid turkey baster suck and fill... 65k miles, I'll likely do this again this week and if the color looks more like the fluid going in I'll just start doing it every oil change.
View attachment 137769
Oil and transmission fluid change. My drain pan was about 2" too short so I ended up with a little bit of dribbling on the floor towards the end. Oil used was Mobil1 5W20 I had from my Accord that I wanted to use up. Filter was K&N.
View attachment 137770
Yes I know the wheels are pointing the wrong way, I had to correct that with the engine off since I determined while draining the oil.
View attachment 137772
Transmission fluid was the infamous MaxLife... and my setup for putting the fluid in via the dipstick tube. Work wonderful, I can dump a full quart in at a time with no leaks or drips at all. I put in 3.5 quarts and it was right at the low line after a drive. I'm gonna check again this weekend and top off as needed.
View attachment 137773
Nice. A couple of observations:
- "infamous Maxlife" I think you mean "famous and the choice of connoisseurs."
- I found the turkey baster somewhat slow and messy and quickly switched to a little hand pump I got for VTM-4 fluid. How much power steering fluid?
- Get a jug of the "famous" Valvoline MaxLife ATF instead of the quart bottles and spend the savings on a cold beer recompense.
- That syringe contraption for the dipstick port looks like something Dr. Evil would use to inject you with truth serum where you don't want the truth to come out.
- As always, vote in the infamous poll. Vote early, vote late, but vote often. ATF: Fill Hole or Dipstick Port?