Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

101 - 120 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I guess practice make perfect. Here the hood wrapped in ppf. Tried my best by myself and kinda failed. 60”x7’ was hard to lay down by one person. At least I have enough to learn and make few mistakes on. Will redo once I get few more thing this time with a friends help.
First doing a two step paint correction.

laid down the ppf as you can see some air bubbles in it.

edge wrapped and tucked.

As you can see I had a few finger on the edge from not able to stretch it good.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I did my quarter hood by with my son holding it so I can stretch it and it was difficult. No way I wouldve tried the whole hood alone. Alcohol solution right before the hood curves down helped it stick in place better. get another person to help with stretching. blast under those fingers with the alcohol mix and hold it and they should stay down. I had one i hit with alcohol then put a microfiber towel on it and clamped it with a spring clamp. it finally stayed down. keep us updated

·
Registered
46 Posts
Finally redid the hood it better but not perfect. Still have few air bubbles in it with water. So I’m have to get syringe to suck it out. But other than that it works for me. Protecting the paint from any more chip Is the main goal. Here few pics.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
1,949 Posts
Didn't work that hard on the new Passport as it is already coated, but I did manage to get a boat load of music downloaded to My Honda Music. I love this system so much better than the cd/hard drive combo in the 2013 Pilot. Easy to download, easy to delete, songs or albums and reads all the metadata so much better than the Pilot did.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used a pin and pushed the air/solution out with a microfiber towel which soaked it up. U are a glutten for punishment
Syringe worked out perfect sucked out the solution and sun dried to warm it up. Looks better now. One mistake I made was using 32 ounce slip on a full hood. I need at least a gallon to really keep it from sticky quick. Next be the bumper and fenders.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks good. Did you consider opening the driver side door to tuck in the fender easier?

I went the cheap route today and put on some temporary stuff for my trip down the East coast.
Never heard of that stuff I’ve seen the 3M spray one. Yeah I it has to be open to tuck the edge for sure. Good luck on your trip any protection better than none.

·
Registered
376 Posts
*This is for a 1st Gen Pilot - 2008

Bought some used-rims, intent to be used for FULL-SIZE SPARE,
they weren't in "terrible" condition, but, for a can of $6 Rust-oleum Primer/Paint, some 80grit and 400grit sand paper, and some time and elbow grease, decided to make them look a lil bit "better" .

Before pictures below.

20200702_195117.jpg
20200702_195148.jpg

AFTER pictures (garage wall color reflected in picture to give the goldish color)

20200703_103152.jpg
20200703_103138.jpg
20200703_103222.jpg

This below pic shows closer to actual color after drying (grayish/silverish)

20200703_103233.jpg

Paint Used

20200703_110356.jpg

Rustoleum spray can
Rust-oleum spray can

·
Registered
93 Posts
Drove it and the timing belt didn't fail! Never been replaced since 2003 and 61k total miles. The pilot is the wife's car so, she thinks since it's a Honda it "will never break down". I've told her about timing belt replacement at 105k or 7 years (whichever comes first) and when it goes and destroys the engine, it's all on her to figure things out.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Bought some used-rims, intent to be used for FULL-SIZE SPARE,
they weren't in "terrible" condition, but, for a can of $6 Rust-oleum Primer/Paint, some 80grit and 400grit sand paper, and some time and elbow grease, decided to make them look a lil bit "better" .

Before pictures below.

View attachment 137623 View attachment 137624

AFTER pictures (garage wall color reflected in picture to give the goldish color)

View attachment 137626 View attachment 137625 View attachment 137627

This below pic shows closer to actual color after drying (grayish/silverish)

View attachment 137628

Paint Used

View attachment 137629

Rustoleum spray can
Rust-oleum spray can

But now you have to crawl under the back of your PIlot several times a week to admire your excellent work result. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Installed the trail hitch today... only planning on hauling the bike rack.
Easy installation but would have been nice to have had a set of extra hands. Had to set it up on jack stands to assist and get it close enough haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 166 Posts