Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
281 - 300 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda Pilot Elite
7 Posts
I did a thing today.. installed laminx film to the fogs. Maybe I should of went with amber. What do u think.
View attachment 141308
View attachment 141309
View attachment 141310
looks fantastic-did this on my Si years ago and will definitely be doing to my wifes

I just installed leds for the interior. So much brighter , when I unlock the car at night, the whole interior is lit up. I can’t figure out how to take off the vanity mirror covers though? Any tips. I got Lasfit 6000k from Amazon.

View attachment 141542

View attachment 141543 View attachment 141544 View attachment 141545
Looks very nice- adding to the list of little things I’ll do to our pilot. It’s my wife’s so I won’t do half the stuff ill do to my RL

2021 Honda Pilot Elite

Here are my modifications:

• Chrome Tailgate Trim
  • Cargo Bay Dividers
  • Folding Cargo Liner / Tray
  • 2nd Row Seat Back Protectors

Pending:
- Running boards

I recently started a YouTube channel and made videos for each of these parts showing the review / install. I still have to shoot the video of the running board installation. I am new to YouTube so don't be too rough on me, editing and getting the audio right is a talent that takes a while to master lol.

- Chrome Tailgate Trim

- Cargo Bay Dividers

- Folding Cargo Liner / Tray

- 2nd Row Seat Back Protectors
backseat protectors are nice, have to get!

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
602 Posts
So here are some pics of the things I've done to my 2017 the last couple weeks. Today I plasti dipped wheels. All work done is;
Plasti dipped wheels, roof rails, grill, emblems.
Put black door handles, did a chrome delete around windows with vynal, added a kicker hideaway powered sub under passenger seat. Added all LED lights (interior, and exterior)
Lol View attachment 143701 View attachment 143702 View attachment 143704 View attachment 143700
did you get new door handles or wrap/spray the originals?

·
Registered
Traded Pilot for Highlander
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
Last Thursday I installed the S-VCM on my wife's 2018 Pilot with 27,xxx miles. I wish I would have done this sooner....what a difference in performance!

·
Registered
65 Posts
finished the front row LED map light conversion
View attachment 139459

and hooked up the drivers door puddle light
View attachment 139460

got the package of LED drivers I was waiting for, so I'll do the front passenger door this weekend
Did your car and I have the light in the door and you added it is a factory wire harness in the door just laying in there or how did you do this

·
Registered
116 Posts
2021 Honda Pilot Elite

Here are my modifications:

• Chrome Tailgate Trim
  • Cargo Bay Dividers
  • Folding Cargo Liner / Tray
  • 2nd Row Seat Back Protectors

Pending:
- Running boards
You might want to try out a 2021 that actually has running boards. They were installed on my 2021 SE when I bought it. I had them removed. They were a pain, literally in the shins. Our friends who rode in it just once didn't like them. I didn't like them. For us, they were useless in exiting or entering the vehicle as stepping on them just did not work. We had to step over them to get in and getting out also, which meant if they were wet or dirty, the dirt or water got on the legs of our jeans. Worse than that was, if I opened the door and wanted to reach in for something, say to the center console, I always banged my shin on the running board. What an improvement in utility, convenience and comfort after they were removed. The only plus: they did look nice.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
You might want to try out a 2021 that actually has running boards. They were installed on my 2021 SE when I bought it. I had them removed. They were a pain, literally in the shins. Our friends who rode in it just once didn't like them. I didn't like them. For us, they were useless in exiting or entering the vehicle as stepping on them just did not work. We had to step over them to get in and getting out also, which meant if they were wet or dirty, the dirt or water got on the legs of our jeans. Worse than that was, if I opened the door and wanted to reach in for something, say to the center console, I always banged my shin on the running board. What an improvement in utility, convenience and comfort after they were removed. The only plus: they did look nice.

View attachment 150111
But running boards that size are great for kids to climb in and for those old enough to have trouble getting in and out of cars. We have both of those in our lives right now and on both of our vehicles (Pilot and Traverse) the running boards are a pain to us but great to those people.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Pilot Elite
7 Posts
But running boards that size are great for kids to climb in and for those old enough to have trouble getting in and out of cars. We have both of those in our lives right now and on both of our vehicles (Pilot and Traverse) the running boards are a pain to us but great to those people.
In the same boat- my toddlers love the running boards and my pregnant wife appreciates not having to lift our kids into the pilot. I already have running boards for my ridgeline coming in July. Just yesterday my wife picked up her grandmother and exclaimed “look hunny she has the running the boards!”.

·
Registered
65 Posts

View attachment 150111
Exactly. Worst accessory in my opinion.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
535 Posts

Same here, Great for kids ... and for washing the car.

Without the running boards it would take even longer 🥱 for the kids to get in the car.

I have the die-cast ones and I love them.
(08L33-TG7-100F)

Mine are rarely dirty so I've never gotten anything on my pant legs but it did take a while to get used to not getting my leg hair ripped out.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Yea I definitely like that the running boards help keep the side of the vehicle less dirty. Clay bar doesn't take nearly as long and I don't need to do it as often to remove all of the embedded crap kicked up by the tire.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did your car and I have the light in the door and you added it is a factory wire harness in the door just laying in there or how did you do this
There is a wiring harness in the door, but the relays to activate it are missing in their slots under the dash on the A pillar, so there was no voltage to the plugs. I thought about figuring it out, but in the end I simply ran a wire from the drivers door up the A pillar to the front map light, and then from the drivers A pillar over to and through the passenger A pillar into the passenger door. Bit of a hack, but it's simple and works. The power draw with the LED lights (3W each?) is low enough that the long wire runs aren't an issue. Only hassle was getting the wires through the rubber connector between the door and the frame, that was a real fiddle fart.

·
Registered
Traded Pilot for Highlander
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
Traded the Pilot in yesterday. Couldn't pass up the trade in value and discount/rebates they were giving on the Highlander. Good luck to everyone with the Pilot. I hope it turns out to be more reliable than projected.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
602 Posts
Traded the Pilot in yesterday. Couldn't pass up the trade in value and discount/rebates they were giving on the Highlander. Good luck to everyone with the Pilot. I hope it turns out to be more reliable than projected.
Good Luck and hope all works out well. We had looked at one also back in '18 but the unusable 3rd row for anyone over 5 years old and the AWD setup was not what we needed.

Beautiful vehicles. We were looking at a maroon one with all blackout. Maybe some day when I don't need the above. Though the wife would still rather have a Durango with the hood and blacktop, or a Sequoia again. Just that bad fuel mileage thing......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Makes for a neat look, but now you induce accelerated wear on suspension and hub components because of the added stress that they place on parts that were designed to certain tolerances by the manufacturer. Because the wheels are further from the hub, more stress is placed on the wheel bearing, hubs and/or axles, potentially causing these parts to fail prematurely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

281 - 300 of 312 Posts