Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

241 - 260 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I couldn't find a thread like this, so if there is already a thread please delete or merge.

Today I changed the rear differential fluid for the first time and changed the engine oil and filter for the second time. Current mileage is 13,028 and the vehicle has been great. Both jobs were pretty easy, though I am not a fan of the oil filter location. I used a little over 2 quarts of Honda Dual Pump II for the diff and 5 quarts of Castrol Magnatec with .7 quarts of Valvoline FS that I had left over from my CRV oil change (both 0W20) with a Fram TG7317 filter.
I'm not a fan of mixing oils although I'm not sure why other than my mechanic won't do it because he said some additives don't always get along, and he's always been right.

I took the Pilot for a short test drive to see if I could notice any difference with the newly installed S-VCM which replaced a perfectly working VCMuzzler II. No noticeable difference in performance, ride, shifting, or temp gauge. Only my credit card balance went up by $107.

I also did an experiment using a Bluetooth grill thermometer taped to the PSF hose linked to my iPhone. It worked perfectly except it only goes up to 212F. Oh well. I guess I should have anticipated that since there's nothing that I grill to a temp above 170F except brisket which I pull off at 202F.

I just found an old Thermoworks Smoke in the garage and it has a range of -50F to 572F. Doesn't have the nice graphing functions of the Meater, but it does have two dedicated displays (one wired, the other up to 300' remote), so that's a plus not tying up the phone.

Let the fun begin!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So here are some pics of the things I've done to my 2017 the last couple weeks. Today I plasti dipped wheels. All work done is;
Plasti dipped wheels, roof rails, grill, emblems.
Put black door handles, did a chrome delete around windows with vynal, added a kicker hideaway powered sub under passenger seat. Added all LED lights (interior, and exterior)
Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Honda Pilot EX
5 Posts
I cleaned all the trash out of it, drove to church, and ran some errands. Also, checked the tires. I heard the all to scary “tack tack tack” while driving, and it turned out to be gravel stuck in the grooves.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I'd probably be obsessing, checking it all the time. Just what I need. 🤦‍♂️
Why do you think I haven't put one on my only DI vehicle, the Traverse? I check the oil and in the span of the oil life monitor telling me I'm at zero I've typically barely budged off of the max line. If no oil is being lost, no oil is being sucked through the PCV system so no need to catch it.

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
Why do you think I haven't put one on my only DI vehicle, the Traverse? I check the oil and in the span of the oil life monitor telling me I'm at zero I've typically barely budged off of the max line. If no oil is being lost, no oil is being sucked through the PCV system so no need to catch it.
I'm still leaning towards doing it since the valves were so dirty. #1 cylinder was problematic for some reason. This cylinder was the one that popped an injector code that prompted me to do all the injectors.

·
Registered
34 Posts
2021 Honda Pilot Elite

Here are my modifications:

• Chrome Tailgate Trim
  • Cargo Bay Dividers
  • Folding Cargo Liner / Tray
  • 2nd Row Seat Back Protectors

Pending:
- Running boards

I recently started a YouTube channel and made videos for each of these parts showing the review / install. I still have to shoot the video of the running board installation. I am new to YouTube so don't be too rough on me, editing and getting the audio right is a talent that takes a while to master lol.

- Chrome Tailgate Trim

- Cargo Bay Dividers

- Folding Cargo Liner / Tray

- 2nd Row Seat Back Protectors

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since i bought my 16 EXL over a yr ago, Ive added a heated steering wheel, LED headlamps and fog lamps, Tinted both front windows, and now about to add a wireless phone charger using the kit for a 19 model. Ive already got the Plug and wiring to get it to work. Ive had the transmission fluid flushed and reprogramed under warranty a couple months ago. I plan to add a factory cooler. I have the 6 speed.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,292 Posts
I cleaned all the trash out of it, drove to church, and ran some errands. Also, checked the tires. I heard the all to scary “tack tack tack” while driving, and it turned out to be gravel stuck in the grooves.
Nine times out of twenty, it's gravel.

One time out of twenty, it's a %#&*! screw.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nothing to the Pilot as I traded it, but to the new Passport I installed the Lamin-X fog light protectors in yellow. Super simple install if you take your time. Didn't even need to remove the fog lights to do the install.
How do you like those covers.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Amber or yellow lights tend to have less glare and may improve visibility under certain weather conditions but it’s debatable.

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
241 - 260 of 284 Posts