Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

221 - 240 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Due to Covid, I really don't feel comfortable to have a stranger touching my car / changing oil. So I built 4 ramps and changed oil myself.

View attachment 141120
While I applaud you for changing your own oil, ( I ALWAYS do, then I know FOR SURE what went in it too, and save $$), I'm assuming you can't just crawl under your Pilot to change the oil/filter?

·
Registered
148 Posts
It was last night, but I finished around midnight and drove it to confirm this morning so I'm counting it as today.

I changed the power steering pump. Car was making a loud annoying whining sound, changed the serpentine belt last week while looking at the accessory components, decided to change the P/S pump and that fixed it.

Thanks for all the advice here and guys on youtube who share their knowledge and expertise.

·
Registered
218 Posts
While I applaud you for changing your own oil, ( I ALWAYS do, then I know FOR SURE what went in it too, and save $$), I'm assuming you can't just crawl under your Pilot to change the oil/filter?
Yes, crawl under to change. U may be able to do this without ramps or a jack. Next time, I'll try to reach the filter from the passenger side by turning the wheels all the way to the left. The drain plug is close to the front. I should be able to reach without ramps.

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just installed leds for the interior. So much brighter , when I unlock the car at night, the whole interior is lit up. I can’t figure out how to take off the vanity mirror covers though? Any tips. I got Lasfit 6000k from Amazon.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
499 Posts
Going on a road trip tomorrow, about a 4 hour drive.

Air filter, cabin filter and tire pressure to 38.

I was surprised how dirty the cabin filter was, I'm not sure you can tell by the pictures.

The car is at 20k miles and just shy of 2 years old.
20201122_183641.jpg

20201122_185235.jpg

On another note, I picked up some Seafoam injector cleaner. Does anyone know which vacuum line i should hook it up to?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just installed leds for the interior. So much brighter , when I unlock the car at night, the whole interior is lit up. I can’t figure out how to take off the vanity mirror covers though? Any tips. I got Lasfit 6000k from Amazon.

View attachment 141542

View attachment 141543 View attachment 141544 View attachment 141545

View attachment 141542

View attachment 141543 View attachment 141544 View attachment 141545
Forward to 4:33 for removing the vanity covers:

·
Registered
813 Posts
I installed a smoked color film over the back up lights and turn signals. Also led bulbs on the rear signal lights.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Wow that looks really nice! Did you install it yourself or did you get it professionally done? I want to have a very light smoked out look on my taillights, but out of the ones I've seen, they're all too dark for my taste.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow that looks really nice! Did you install it yourself or did you get it professionally done? I want to have a very light smoked out look on my taillights, but out of the ones I've seen, they're all too dark for my taste.
Thank you, i did it myself with a hairdryer as a heat gun lol. Is such a simple mod but changes the look of the Pilot from the many ones on the road. Check on ebay or laminx.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
499 Posts
So the hitch bike rack (Yakima Ridgeback 4) I ordered in July / August was backordered and got pushed back 3 times and then canceled.

Like a homecoming to prom night tease only to be left holding myself.

Anyways, after recommendations from someone here I ordered a tray rack (Swagman XTC4) instead of a hanging rack.

I had to wait about a month for it and the box arrived badly beaten similar to how it felt after prom.

20201218_175007.jpg

20201218_175141.jpg

Put most of it together last night but should have just waited until today bc it is much easier to put together hooked up to the hitch itself.

And last night I couldn't find my blue loctite to put on the bolts.

The instructions were pretty poor, if someone orders the same rack just watch the setup video on YouTube.

20201219_132500.jpg

This morning I loosened the bolts added loctite and got the other tire loops on.

20201219_134446.jpg

20201219_135157.jpg

Right now I only need it to hold 3 bikes. When my son gets older his bike will no longer go in the hatch. My daughter's bike fits well even with training wheels.

20201219_142521.jpg

Overall folded up it has a relatively small footprint.

One of the reasons I went with this, I reached out to Swagman and asked if the tire loops could be swapped out for one of there higher end cradles and they do. They provided me with the part numbers and said it's a perfect direct fit. Thus making it easier to fit smaller kids bikes on the rack.

sq1010_9_1000.jpg

Once the kiddos start coming out more with their bikes I'll buy 2 sets of cradles and be good to go.

I haven't driven anywhere with it in but it weighs about 66lbs and feels very sturdy. Very much looking forward to getting it out.

Cheers.

·
Registered
36 Posts

I finally installed my OEM hitch and OEM wiring after maybe 5-6 hours because im a beginner and because i live in Montreal Canada is cold to do the job outside and because all 6 of my thread was rusty. To clean out the thread took me 3-4 hours i only use my ratchet and did half turn and reverse so that my bolt would go all the way up that was the longest part.i would suggest anyone doing this to clip the 7pin on the Hitch after passing threw the hole the wire . I did the hitch first then put back the lips and forgot to install the 7pin and because the screw is tighten from the outside i add to dessamble the lips and loose the hitch so i can take out my lips back from position other then that it was pretty simple i guess the rust on the thread should not be that bad if you live in warmer country or state . I did put fluid antirust after everything was done. The wire was pretty easy ratchet socket 8mm and use metal screw for ground the rest was the fuse and im set only thing missing is the cooler tranny but im not towing heavy stuff for now. Cost me 1200 CAD but i love the finish
Touring 16
Thank everyone for all the information on this website much appreciated

221 - 240 of 284 Posts