Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the Pilot in june,and since I've accidently started the car while the engine is running twice.Have I done any harm to it?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Just don't do it again! :twak: You only get three of these and then your starter will need to be replaced.

Just kidding.
If you mean that you turned the key (in an attempt to start the engine) while it was already running, then no you probably haven't done any damage. I'm assuming you released the key when you heard the starter *grind*. If you don't do this repeatedly or hold the key in the "start" position too long you're probably fine.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah.. no harm, no foul.

Just another example of how smooth the Pilot is. You can't even tell the engine is running :2:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
killrbeez said:
Yeah.. no harm, no foul.

Just another example of how smooth the Pilot is. You can't even tell the engine is running :2:
That is such a true statement, killrbeez!! I've sat idling in traffic many times, and thought to myself, "Is this thing on...???" Really smooooooooth engine, like a bottle of Scotch... :17: :17:

·
Registered
991 Posts
It has got to be one of the most quietest vehicles on the road..

But then again.. It's a Honda..

·
Registered
161 Posts
:p Well, Pilot prove it that the Engine is Powerful & Quiet. Welcome to the club...you are not alone that done that. My queen (The Wife) had done it countless times.

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is not unusual, many engines are quite enough that you have to check the tach to see if they are running. Dodge has an interlock so if you turn the key to start the car when the engine is running the starter will not activate.

·
Registered
316 Posts
So quiet that people walking in the parking lots at the mall can't hear me when I'm rolling slowly looking for a parking spot. I usually have to honk the horn or go in neutral and rev high to get them out of the way.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Honda should have a "Stealth mode" for the 2004 model!

We have one!

Got to try that in the parking lot just for a kick.

rob

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pjb3 said:
This is not unusual, many engines are quite enough that you have to check the tach to see if they are running. Dodge has an interlock so if you turn the key to start the car when the engine is running the starter will not activate.
Toyota 4 Runners(03) have that feature.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts