Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been more than a week since Ratso began getting Paypal payments for the chrome looking door handle stickers and at least 6 people say they've sent $10 for a set.
Now I'm looking for Ratso and he shows 0 posts. His/her last post appears to be 6/12 although searching results in no matches. The group buy link doesn't even show up anymore in the Group Buy forum.
I sent him/her an email just now at his business email account at [email protected] to see if he just dropped off the face of the earth. I'm concerned because I sent in my payment yesterday before I thought about seeing if anyone has received their accents yet.

So, anyone heard from Ratso and the door accents? Am I just being paranoid?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine also came in today. Will install it this Friday (off day).

Rasto - Thanks. Would like to learn more on your "NEXT UP".

dclw

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Got mine in the mail today. Well packaged. Great instructions with pictures.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
robrecht said:
Mine came tonight. Don't ask for pics--I'll be lucky to find time to put them on before Christmas. :roadtrip:
:needpics:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Corrupted database caused Ratso's profile info to be missing... :(

This occurred on his very first and second posts as shown in this thread that he initially posted in... :8:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Corrupted database caused Ratso's profile info to be missing...

kemosabe - does that mean Rasto cannot communicate with us in this forum? Some members are trying to track their orders and some are interested in his next sale.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Got my door accents today. I am installing them Friday. They look great when I held them up to the handles. I gotta take the Collinite wax off of the handles before i install them. :1:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Corrupted database caused Ratso's profile info to be missing...

dclw said:
kemosabe - does that mean Rasto cannot communicate with us in this forum? Some members are trying to track their orders and some are interested in his next sale.
dclw: He can still communicate in the forums and threads -- it's just that his post count will be incorrect and some of his posts will be missing because the database got corrupted somehow, that's all. Other than that, he can still do everything that everyone else can!!! :4: :17:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool, looks like all's well. Ratso replied to my email, sorry for the false alarm!
Anyone have an idea what the handles will look like if you take the accents off?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cool, looks like all's well. Ratso replied to my email, sorry for the false alarm!

I am kind of worry too if it ever comes off or partially comes off over time. The whole thing is depending on the glue. But for the price and the looks outweight my worry. I will put it on tomorrow.

dclw

·
Registered
467 Posts
Don't Sweat it Folks

Removing the accents will not leave damage to the handles. Clean with alcohol and condition with an "Armour-All" type conditioner and you are back to where you started. The adhesiveon the rear of the accent is pretty mild. The accents strips stay tight to the handle with a good application. Rubbing the strips on - very well - wil assure that the accent will stay put and look good. I had these on my Mercedes (and so did 50 or so Benzworld.org members) and they held up well for over a year. My front wheel bearings went in the ML or I would still have it. (But now I like my Pilot better).

tor anyone wanting info on the accent strips, check eFbay under Ratso320 and get back to me via email and I will honor the free s/h for all forum members, even after the initial 6-20 deadline. BUT if you buy off ebay, you don't get the freebie. I get hit with seller fees and you wil get hit with $2 s/h.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts