Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to find the answer, but only seeing a lot of info on doing the job, not so much on what's needed. Should I be using VTM-4 or Dual Pump fluid? I have a 2019 EX-L. Where should I buy it and where do I get new washers. This is my first time doing the rear diff so not sure where people are buying stuff. Trying to order online and stay away from dealership. I doubt the dealership is even open right now anyway with the virus. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Honda DPSF-II, specified capacity is 1.9 qts. I bought 3 qts and glad I did since I spilled some fluid when my hose popped out of the fill hole. I went to the local dealer. I think it was about $10/qt. Probably cheaper on line if you can find a free shipping deal. Drain plug takes a 18mm washer, fill plug is 20mm. Remove the fill plug first - don’t want to drain the fluid and find you can’t get the fill plug out!

·
Registered
419 Posts
As posted above, instructions say 1.9 qts. But it usually ends up being a little more than 2. So buy 3 quarts. Hand pump that screw onto the quart bottle work good. Might need a breaker bar to get the plugs loose, they are tight that first time. Start with the fill plug and get it loose first. Hate for you to drain it and cannot get the fill plug loose.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info. Pulling the fill plug first is the thing I read everywhere, but no one was clear on the fluid type. I didn't Know it would be stamped on the diff. Thanks for the help. Can anyone recommend a good hand pump that actually fits the containers?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I tried to find the answer, but only seeing a lot of info on doing the job, not so much on what's needed. Should I be using VTM-4 or Dual Pump fluid? I have a 2019 EX-L. Where should I buy it and where do I get new washers. This is my first time doing the rear diff so not sure where people are buying stuff. Trying to order online and stay away from dealership. I doubt the dealership is even open right now anyway with the virus. Thanks for any info.
What did the owners manual say? It’s dual pump good job reading

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.