Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry to go off topic but is the accord driver that hit you walking around in socks?
I thought that too at first, but he has some kind of sandal sock things on. The officer asked him too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have a 2019 AWD Pilot EX w/ dealer-installed tow package. In May & June, my wife, our dog, and I did a 38-day, 21-state, 8300 mile road trip pulling a MicroLite Car-Go Lite Xtreme. It’s about 1100lb. dry and was probably close to 1500lb. loaded. (BTW, MicroLite is the MANUFACTURER, not the model, as in the Fall River Microlite). The Pilot performed like a champ! We were zipping up crazy-ass inclines out west where semis and Class A’s were pulling over. Used a Scan Gauge II to monitor ATF temps. The most common reading was 188’F, but on one particularly hot day it very briefly hit 225’F. The Pilot is a GREAT road vehicle, whether towing or not.
We hit fierce head winds going across northern Texas and eastern New Mexico, and I was fretting over our unusually low MPG of 13mpg. Spent the night at a KOA and talked to our neighbor, who had a huge pickup and pulling a very large 5th wheel. During the head winds he was getting 1.5mpg!!!
We averaged about 9-10 mpg, where normally we get about 18-20. We have the 3.7 liter 300 hp engine (the oil burner) that takes premium. Sweet spot in towing is 3800-4000 rpm. Usually in 4th gear on the highway but with our smaller tires we were able to spend more time in 5th gear. 6000 mile trip and 2011 MDX was flawless (in part thanks to Mr. Hensley!).

Safe travels,

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
We averaged about 9-10 mpg, where normally we get about 18-20. We have the 3.7 liter 300 hp engine (the oil burner) that takes premium. Sweet spot in towing is 3800-4000 rpm. Usually in 4th gear on the highway but with our smaller tires we were able to spend more time in 5th gear. 6000 mile trip and 2011 MDX was flawless (in part thanks to Mr. Hensley!).

Safe travels,

Steve

IMG_0192.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

41 - 44 of 44 Posts