Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

What do ya'll think of the Magnum SRT?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  kemosabe 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Some folks have been talking about the Chrysler Pacifica over in the Comparison forum. The Dodge Magnum looks like a more masculine version of the Pacifica IMO. More of a station wagon on steroids than an SUV. I'd definitely have to drive one before I would even consider trading my Pilot for one.

#5 ·
Awsome!!

This thing is in a class all by itself!! This will fill the market niche for the guy who has to trade in his Vette for the family hauler.
Roomy, yet fast, and I bet it handles great (on dry roads).

There is one saying that will always stand true:
"There is no replacement for displacement" (especially when you supercharge it!!)

I'm getting a little to old to worry about how fast my vehicle is, but if I was 20 years younger.....

#6 ·
Hey guys I like the Magnum also but I have to say that the production model will not have the umph that Dodge teased us with. According to Car and Driver Dodge plans on offering the base model with a six cylinder and offering the new Hemi as an upgrade. The Hemi, which do not get me wrong is a stomper of an engine, will be normally asperated.:mad: I do not like it when car companies tease me with cool products and then give us the kiddy version at a bloted price. My personal favorite example of this is the GM Solictice. It is a cool two seater which looked fun and modern. They will not even make this vehicle! They wanted to show us GM's design direction! You know I like to dream about cars that can be purchased, no , I cannot afford an exotic but at least they make them! If these car companies are not going to show a car they will make a car I don't give a rats a$$ about it. Ok done with my rant for the day:2:

#8 ·
Didn't like the 'gun slit window' look on 50's era cars, and still don't. Aspects of the car look good, but that 'chopped look' is quite claustrophobic. And with Premium gas approaching $2+ a gallon, feeding all those supercharged ponies would get old really quick. And I still consider 40 profile tires to be stupid on a SUV; even at elevated pressure, the low profile tires will give bent wheels on any large pothole or curb encounter...

:16:

Another pair of Vomit Comets: Nissan Murano (Gremlin rear side windows, buckboard ride, lousy space utilization and worse rear 3/4 visibility). Ditto on the Infiniti FX with a similar styling theme.

#9 ·
g128620 said:
Wow its a new model of the family truckster....

"The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it."
"I found out long ago
It's a long way down the holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road
Holiday road"

#10 ·
HMMM....

Don't know if I would ratther have the Dodge "Truckster" than the Pilot. The Pilot has been so much fun and a wonderful drive...

But, I might like to have one of those to play with on the weekends! But then I would like to have a Testarosa to play around with on the weekends.

Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.