Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are three dark buttons that I can't figure out.

They are located just in front of the sunglass holder (above the rear view morror) and between the two map lights switches.

Each has dots on them for apparently feeling in the dark. One has 1 dot, the next has 2 dots and the third has 3 dots. Pressing any one of them turn on an LED inside an arrow in the same area, but not actually on any of the buttons. I can't see where they actually do anything.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Kip

·
Registered
461 Posts
They are the homelink buttons for programming your garage door opener, security system, outside lights....whatever you have that operates by RC, you can reprogram the buttons to do the work of seperate remotes.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Kip Kilpatrick said:
Thanks M3K.

Is the Home link something "Standard" on the Pilot?
its standard on the EX

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
If you can't get it to work from the Pilot manual, get out your garage door opener manual too. Some brands program and "learn" differently.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Good luck programing the Homelink. I've tried the Honda instructions and my garage door opener instructions several times. Still won't work. Anybody got another method, let me know.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It took me at LEAST 20 times following the manual to the "T" to get a button programmed. I am stubborn that way. After each failed attempt, I "reset" the button as per instructions. I don't think a button will "learn" until erased first. This may be to prevent erasing / corruption of existing programming.

I am heading to Rat Shack today to get myself an X-10 switch system for a house light......

Homelink is a GREAT feature.......love it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
4603pba said:
Good luck programing the Homelink. I've tried the Honda instructions and my garage door opener instructions several times. Still won't work. Anybody got another method, let me know.
My garage door had a "rolling code" so I had to press the button on the garage door opener itself and then had my wife press and hold the homelink in the car to get it to program. I too had some trouble, but eventually figured out how it worked. The manual has instructions for two types of garage door openers.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Kip Kilpatrick said:
There are three dark buttons that I can't figure out.
NOOOOO!, Don't push those buttons!

They activate the Door Scruch, Hard Start, bad gas milage, Mode, they turn your paint blotchy, and make the tires look undersized to.
In some cases they put dings in your hood, weaken your headlights, and cause your sales person to lie to you.

Well ok, he would lie anyhow! :2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
You have to hold the buttons down seemingly FOREVER for it to "learn"

4603pba said:
Thank GOD for my wonderful salesperson who went over every detail of my Pilot, or I would probably never been patient enough to wait for the learn to finally occur. You have to hold the Pilot's homelink button for quite a while after the garage door opener has been aimed at it.
It just takes being patient, and it's well worth the wait, PROMISE.We had to do it twice to finally get it even then.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
4603pba said:
What brand and model is your garage door opener?

·
Registered
12 Posts
If your having problems programming these buttons, it may be the garage door opener itself. I had the same problem. I tried for 30 minutes to program and finally gave up. I called HomeLink and they said that my model of garage door open is old and not compatiable with the Homelink system. (fyi: I have a Wayne Dalton, Quantum Model 3213). I had to purchase a mutlicode adaptor and attach is to the garage door opener. I essentially replaces the old receiver and also has a new remote. After installation, I had my Homelink on my Pilot in 2 minutes!!!!

Call Homelink and find out if yours is compatible if your still having problems! It's GREAT not to have an extra remote in the Pilot!

Good Luck!

Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts