Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to get a little bored with my 2016 EX-L AWD (Black with Grey interior) and thinking about trading it in. I bought it used at 33K miles for about $33K in October 2016. It now has 101K miles.

For those Piloteers who have traded in their 2016/17 Pilot, what did you get for it and what trim and mileage your vehicle was? What did you get in place of it?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
We’ve been looking at possibly trading in due to the 16’s issues and have so far gotten quotes from $22-23500 for an EX-L with 30k miles in excellent condition. We have yet to get to a point of haggling to see about getting it any higher because I have no idea what I want to replace it with. ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We’ve been looking at possibly trading in due to the 16’s issues and have so far gotten quotes from $22-23500 for an EX-L with 30k miles in excellent condition. We have yet to get to a point of haggling to see about getting it any higher because I have no idea what I want to replace it with. ?
Thank you @cbuck85. Given the OTD price for the 2019 model I have seen Pilooteers post in other threads on this site the quote you are getting seems about right. I don't expect to get more than $12 to $15k for mine given the high mileage. And for that price, I think I will most likely end up driving it to ground instead of trading :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you @cbuck85. Given the OTD price for the 2019 model I have seen Pilooteers post in other threads on this site the quote you are getting seems about right. I don't expect to get more than $12 to $15k for mine given the high mileage. And for that price, I think I will most likely end up driving it to ground instead of trading :)
We’re leaning that way too, but that could just be because our emission system problem light turned off when we pulled it into the service center (because why not after 4 days of being on?! ?). I’m sure I’ll be mad all over again and ready to trade in again when it comes back on.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We’re leaning that way too, but that could just be because our emission system problem light turned off when we pulled it into the service center (because why not after 4 days of being on?! ?). I’m sure I’ll be mad all over again and ready to trade in again when it comes back on.
Isn't that always the case when you drive up to the workshop? :) Anyways, I would have thought the error message was still saved in the computer's memory for the tech to download but maybe it doesn't work that way. If the Pilot is still under warranty I would recommend purchasing the Honda extended warranty. I purchased the 5 years 80K one but of course, have now run out. Wish I had gotten the 7 years 120k one, it was just another $400 bucks :( Now I cannot extend it so 'am out on my own if anything major happens........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts