Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1961 - 1980 of 2048 Posts

·
Registered
2004 EX
611 Posts
Beautiful car. . mdxers.org is a good forum to follow these as well.
Thanks, can't wait to get into it. The interior is in the best shape I've seen one in. I'm on MDXers as well, since we have the 16.

Reactions: ConrodM

·
Registered
2017 EX-L AWD, rack, boards, hitch 2007 EX-L AWD Navi, rack, boards, hitch 2016 CR-V EX-L AWD, rack
167 Posts
Preparing to give her (‘07 - 144k miles) the last rites! A couple of weeks ago a Prius of all things took out the right side at the front wheel well (fender, alloy wheel, tire, tpms sensor, knuckle, tie rods, sway bar, strut - pretty much the whole right suspension and subframe) - also got both mirrors, wheels and tires, outer tie rod on left side, and dents/scrapes down all four doors as my son was pushed into parked Volvo. Luckily he was only shook, not hurt!

Body shop seems convinced insurer will total her. ARGH!!! If so, it was a good ride - pun intended!

Found an ‘08 - 140 miles in mint condition, all dealer records for all required services - but listed more than a bit high at $10k.

·
Registered
2004 EX
611 Posts
That is a high price, IMO. But then again in this market, who knows?

Reactions: ConrodM

·
Registered
2007 EX 4WD
372 Posts
Preparing to give her (‘07 - 144k miles) the last rites! A couple of weeks ago a Prius of all things took out the right side at the front wheel well (fender, alloy wheel, tire, tpms sensor, knuckle, tie rods, sway bar, strut - pretty much the whole right suspension and subframe) - also got both mirrors, wheels and tires, outer tie rod on left side, and dents/scrapes down all four doors as my son was pushed into parked Volvo. Luckily he was only shook, not hurt!

Body shop seems convinced insurer will total her. ARGH!!! If so, it was a good ride - pun intended!

Found an ‘08 - 140 miles in mint condition, all dealer records for all required services - but listed more than a bit high at $10k.
Any idea what you'll get for the wrecked 07?

·
Registered
2004 EX
611 Posts
Today Kenny got a new ground cable, and the battery hold down installed. Minor things, but they needed to be done.

·
Registered
2017 EX-L AWD, rack, boards, hitch 2007 EX-L AWD Navi, rack, boards, hitch 2016 CR-V EX-L AWD, rack
167 Posts
That is a high price, IMO. But then again in this market, who knows?
That should be a double-edged sword - if used car values are so high, the price to total mine should be higher as well. Ugh!
Any idea what you'll get for the wrecked 07?
Haven’t heard yet - repair estimate is close to $6500 so I bet we’re going to be in the $7500 range before any adjustments.

·
Super Moderator
4,744 Posts
Brake fluid change coming up so got a set of these overkill jack stands today for 20% off. My 3- ton stands are from last century and not extremely used but felt safer with adding these to the “essential” tool list
Nice. Always good to have a backup safety device. This improved jack stand version has an additional lock bar to ensure confidence.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice. Always good to have a backup safety device. This improved jack stand version has an additional lock bar to ensure confidence.
Nice! I was waiting for these but picked up these instead then at $55 a pair. https://a.co/d/eywzBqc

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
Finally got the auto dim mirror wired up. Definitely recommend one of these from eBay if someone is looking for one. Simple three wire setup and is working well. Dirt cheap and works well. Also add the wire cover for Gentex mirrors. Just barely long enough to reach the headliner but works well.

View attachment 160282
Darn, now it'll be less effective to flash you with my 12,000 lumen Fahren high beams when you're putting along in the fast lane. :)

But yeah, I get it. There are a lot of bozos out there with misaligned, light-scattering cheapo DIY LED installs.

To my grateful surprise, the rearview mirror integrated dashcam I got is actually a good mirror, too. Fine during the day, but also greatly reduces glare at night.

Now if I could only get something like that for my side mirror, for those bozos driving with their high beams on in the fast lane. :)

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
Took it to a gas station to get a car wash and a fillup.

Brought it back home and parked it in my garage while I wait for my investment to be worth even more. The gas, I mean. No way I'm selling this valuable vehicle now.:)

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 235,500 Miles
1,241 Posts
Good point!! I don’t think I’ve driven the Pilot in 6 or 7 days because last fill up was $74- had to stop the pump because I couldn’t see going to $75! Wife’s Avalon has been primary if needing to make a consolidated trip

·
Registered
2004 EX
611 Posts
Today I took Kenny on his longest trip. 75 miles, and no flashing D in the last 190. Maybe it was just a hiccup from sitting for so long and not being driven. It's nice having a beater with AC too.

1961 - 1980 of 2048 Posts