Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1781 - 1800 of 1832 Posts

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Researching Power Steering Pumps (OEM). Sure is tempting to be the Forum Guinea Pig and just buy a seal kit since it functions fine- just leaks a little. Guess the worst that could happen is I wasted valuable fishing time, $40 and ultimately had to buy whole pump since new seals didn’t work?
Ya know, AT-205 also works on power steering system leaks. Just sayin', ol' buddy. :)

More Information for ATP AT205

If you deem me too untrustworthy, take it from Tim. I feel I could buy a used car from him. :)

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 235,500 Miles
1,125 Posts
Ya know, AT-205 also works on power steering system leaks. Just sayin', ol' buddy. :)

More Information for ATP AT205

If you deem me too untrustworthy, take it from Tim. I feel I could buy a used car from him. :)

In my research I did see Scotty promote AT-205 for power steering leaks. After just watching ETCG, I am NOT going to attempt replacing the seals. Also, somebody on this forum brought up how precise the parts go together and is better to just replace pump. Looking back, when I lost some fluid replacing the inlet oring a year or so ago- I’m pretty sure I just used some power steering fluid from Advance. BAD MOVE and probably the reason I’m having this issue 😡. Boyz n Gurls- USE HONDA FLUID!! 😉
Thanks again!

·
Registered
12,238 Posts

·
Registered
2017 EX-L AWD, rack, boards, hitch 2007 EX-L AWD Navi, rack, boards, hitch 2016 CR-V EX-L AWD, rack
160 Posts
Had faith in Humanity restored! Got frantic call from my son doing his deliveries that there was smoke coming from the engine compartment and reddish brown fluid on the ground and some sort of explosion in the engine compartment. I told him to pull over on residential street and shut down right away. He was nervous! I showed up - overflow tank full and blue; no smoking from radiator; engine oil on level and right color - no CMOD; trans fluid all over ground and engine compartment and dipstick basically dry but no SMOD. Trans fluid was basically draining from bottom of radiator. So I am hoping it is just a hose that blew forcefully or maybe just the radiator - it’s a 5 year old Denso.

Too far from from home to drive with that leak and the trans bone dry. AAA was going to take 159 minutes! “159 minutes” - really?!?!? AAA approved shop was 1/10 mile away. Two Black guys in a neighborhood close to home where both he and I have gotten pulled over a number of times for interesting reasons. So, we decided to just push. Man, that truck is heavy dead-stick. I told my son his arms were the power steering. 30-something mom/jogger offered to help. Then 3 pre-teen girls offered to help too - offer was cute and appreciated but we said we were okay. Decent guy driving by - just pulled over, jumped out, and put his shoulder and back into it saying only “Ill help you get it to Bob’s.” We pushed her to Bob’s. Guy disappeared before we could properly thank him. Bob’s will diagnose tomorrow.

It will be what it will be. But in the midst of all the noise and confusion we’re hearing and seeing seemingly every minute of every day, what I did with my 2007 Pilot today was had my faith restored.

Now if Bob’s tries to gouge my pockets, tomorrow I’ll be singing to a different tune!🤣

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
Now if Bob’s tries to gouge my pockets, tomorrow I’ll be singing to a different tune!🤣
Good to have some faith in people once in awhile. If the ATF leaked from the lower part of the radiator either a rubber hose ruptured, clamp loosened or the metal lines outside of the radiator broke from rust resulting in the massive leak.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
What did I do with my 1st generation Honda Pilot today? I just looked at it sitting there with my most recent fill-up of $140 in the tank, passed it by in my garage, and went straight for my e-bike to go to my appointment.

Product Rectangle Font Material property Parallel

·
Registered
2017 EX-L AWD, rack, boards, hitch 2007 EX-L AWD Navi, rack, boards, hitch 2016 CR-V EX-L AWD, rack
160 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,792 ·
Just asking if the 2003 has a mass airflow sensor because I have totally forgot about this sensor and will clean or replace. It's too rainy out to go take a second look ( most vehicles have them on the air hose between the air filter and throttle body and where I looked first a while ago). From what I saw on-the-line, it's attached to the throttle body? Or possibly doesn't even have one (which, I doubt)?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Just asking if the 2003 has a mass airflow sensor because I have totally forgot about this sensor and will clean or replace. It's too rainy out to go take a second look ( most vehicles have them on the air hose between the air filter and throttle body and where I looked first a while ago). From what I saw on-the-line, it's attached to the throttle body? Or possibly doesn't even have one (which, I doubt)?
On 2007, as you said, it's attached to the throttle body.

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
A Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF), or a Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP)?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,795 · (Edited)
A Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF), or a Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP)?

Both if it has both. I'll clean my current MAP and place an order for a new OEM one today.

Thanks!

*edit: looks like it's only MAP. I searched for MAF on hondapartsonline.com and nothing came up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,797 · (Edited)
Here is the part number if anyone is interested.
Sensor Assembly, Map - Honda (37830-PGK-A01)

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Hauled cedar mulch and sheep manure for the gardens, ¯\(ツ)

Other than that, still wrenching on the new bicycle's frickin' disc brakes.
Automotive lighting Display device Electric blue Magenta Event

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 235,500 Miles
1,125 Posts
Wrapped power steering pump in paper towel and tied off with long wire tie. Did this after cleaning it, TB cover and oil pan.

Edit: previously dumped in some AT-205 stop leak to help the seals. Will see if it works on my leak(s)

1781 - 1800 of 1832 Posts