Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1561 - 1580 of 1604 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sorry for jumping in and answering for him, but yes, he'll tell you he lost the factory subwoofer, which is powered by the factory head unit.

But perhaps he added a separate subwoofer amp. Some folks put one under a seat, or even in the rear headrest storage cubby.
(y)@plplplpl yes, indeed I lost the subwoofer. I did it to get the backup camera and CarPlay and Android Auto.

I bought the headunit and accessories from crutchfield before the holiday season when it was in stock. The camera was bought from Amazon. The Kenwood unit can only take one video as input. So yeah, no luck if one wants to mount n connect multiple cameras.

·
Registered
11,290 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
911 Posts
Reviewed my pictures taken couple days ago of Power Steering pump clean up job to determine where leak may be coming from since driving more. Found one possibility
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Font Bumper Gas

this is using a round mirrorto see bottom side of pump. Also appears I have new fluid on rear cam cover. I had previously wipped it off so I guess it gets slung or blown in that direction (towards rear)

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,566 Posts
Looks like you're narrowing down where that leak is coming from. I hope it's an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
911 Posts
Me too. Also keeping a close eye on Outlet side hose connection - oring has never been replaced but the inlet side I did a year or so ago

·
Super Moderator
4,104 Posts
@aggrex
Is there a post or posts about you doing your lift kit?
I tried to message you but your message icon is turned off.
There are some pics in this thread as I struggled with rusty bolts.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I went ahead and did another drain and fill for the transmission. Exactly one gallon came out which is convenient because the Valvoline maxlife comes in one gallon container.
I did one about 7,000 miles ago and figured might as well do another. Couple months I will do another.
Seems after this last drain and fill I did yesterday, it goes into gear almost seamlessly. Even reverse. It used to hit a little harder.

The weird thing is that the fluid was darker than I would have imagined, given the last drain and fill wasn't real long ago.

The timing belt job seems to have been a success. She has driven the truck at least 1,000 miles since I changed it. I assume it will be fine for a while.

That's true, but if the suits knew the car market, they would understand that people are holding on to their cars longer and longer. When I worked for Parts America (western auto) in 1997-8, people were bringing in failed alternators after a year and a half. The average age of a car then was under 10 years. Today, it's almost 13. AZ and the others are facing competition from all the way around. Rock Auto, Amazon, 1AAuto, Ebay and many others. They had better get their [email protected]#$ together or they are going to go the way of Sears and Montgomery Ward.
Around here though they are opening more locations of AZ.
I do not know how good their parts are or not because there are cheaper alternatives and often times on better parts.
Well like the timing belt kit, I went with Aisin. Not that I had to spend the money for the parts cause it is not my truck.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX 4WD (J35A9)
243 Posts
The weird thing is that the fluid was darker than I would have imagined, given the last drain and fill wasn't real long ago.
As you probably know, you're only getting about 1/2 to 1/3 of the total ATF fluid with a spill and fill like you're doing.

If this site is accurate:

Font Rectangle Number Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
I went ahead and did another drain and fill for the transmission. Exactly one gallon came out which is convenient because the Valvoline maxlife comes in one gallon container.
I did one about 7,000 miles ago and figured might as well do another. Couple months I will do another.
Seems after this last drain and fill I did yesterday, it goes into gear almost seamlessly. Even reverse. It used to hit a little harder.

Think of it as a colonic cleanse you can enjoy the benefit of without having to go through the process.
Head Smile Emoticon Font Electric blue

Always more fun to drift the Pilot in fresh snow before the snow plows
Some people here pay a lot of money to go skiing. I prefer this poor man's alternative.

·
Registered
152 Posts
As you probably know, you're only getting about 1/2 to 1/3 of the total ATF fluid with a spill and fill like you're doing.

If this site is accurate:

View attachment 155535
Must be because in the 2003 it has taken right about four quarts. I didn't really sit there and measure down to 1/10's of a quart but let's just call it a gallon.

Think of it as a colonic cleanse you can enjoy the benefit of without having to go through the process.
Draining it is easy enough. I might have to fill it through that "jet mod" area next time because doing it through the dipstick port takes too long.

·
Registered
11,290 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
So glad we no longer have emissions test. Such a scam.
Where I live they had them many years ago but stopped.
I wonder why a county would stop doing them? I mean given the poor quality of most vehicles out there it is a good thing cause most older cars would not pass without major repairs up to and including engine rebuilds.
That is unless they gave a lot of leeway for older cars.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EXL, 3.5L 5 speed
94 Posts
I used to like getting the readouts from a 4 gas analyzer. I think they are BS as well, but the data gave you a general idea of how your car was a running .

1561 - 1580 of 1604 Posts