Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1441 - 1460 of 1509 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,863 Posts
I actually used that as the sound guy for the incidental music of our college production of The Crucible, in which I was also Reverend Hale.

Sadly, as you ought to know, my model year Pilot was the first to ditch the cassette player. :(

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,367 Posts
I picked up some oil and a filter from the auto parts store this morning before heading to the gym. After I got home and had lunch there was still an hour before the start of the 49ers game. Had it not been for the change back to standard time, the oil change would have waited until next week, but I was able to get it done before kickoff.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Well, now I just feel cheated. I have the EX-L RES (with DVD, CD, etc.), but no cassette player. My daughter has a 2007 EX-L (no RES), but no cassette player either. I know you could purchase one as an add-on, but did it come stock on the LS trim?

Is there anybody out there with a stock cassette player on a 2006 or later? If so, I envy you for still being able to play your mix tapes. :)

the 49ers game
I guess I must not follow football as much as I used to. Hadn't realized the Cardinals had moved from St. Louis to Arizona. :D

Sorry your 49ers lost to them, though. But hey, the Montreal Canadiens are off to another horrible season. I pity this generation of fans.

To steer back to the thread topic, I took my daughter to the cemetery in my Pilot to visit my dad's, and her granddad's, grave on his birthday.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,367 Posts
Bummer your hockey team isn’t looking so great. I had so much optimism coming into this football season, but hope of making the playoffs is quickly diminishing.

I hope that you and your daughter had some good bonding time today.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Well, now I just feel cheated. I have the EX-L RES (with DVD, CD, etc.), but no cassette player. My daughter has a 2007 EX-L (no RES), but no cassette player either. I know you could purchase one as an add-on, but did it come stock on the LS trim?

Is there anybody out there with a stock cassette player on a 2006 or later? If so, I envy you for still being able to play your mix tapes. :)
OK, now hold on, podner. There's either something wrong with that list of specs, or with both browsers I visited it with. At first, the model that it pointed to was the 2WD EX. OK, I rationalized, perhaps the curse of 2WD owners being bereft of VTM but burdened with VCM was compensated by throwing them the bone of a bona fide cassette player, in addition to all the entertainment systems setups, as all models of 2WDs include it, even the RES and the NAV!

But then, I looked at all the other 2006 trims, the 4WD ones, and they also keep listing the cassette player, including my 2006 EX-L w/RES. Methinks they mucked up, unless my browsers have, and it wouldn't be the first time Honda published basic specs wrong.

So I ask once again: Is there anybody out there with a stock cassette player on a 2006 or later?

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
OK, now hold on, podner. There's either something wrong with that list of specs, or with both browsers I visited it with. At first, the model that it pointed to was the 2WD EX. OK, I rationalized, perhaps the curse of 2WD owners being bereft of VTM but burdened with VCM was compensated by throwing them the bone of a bona fide cassette player, in addition to all the entertainment systems setups, as all models of 2WDs include it, even the RES and the NAV!

But then, I looked at all the other 2006 trims, the 4WD ones, and they also keep listing the cassette player, including my 2006 EX-L w/RES. Methinks they mucked up, unless my browsers have, and it wouldn't be the first time Honda published basic specs wrong.

So I ask once again: Is there anybody out there with a stock cassette player on a 2006 or later?
From that link you do have to select your particular trim level from the drop-down menu.
The default seems to be '2WD EX'.
Nevertheless, perhaps the specs for Pilots sold in Canada were different?

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Your link, and with two different browsers, the specs always include "cassette," no matter what trim level I select from the drop-down list.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Logo

Just tried it with two more different browsers, with the same result.

As to your speculation that only Canadian models were deprived of the stock cassette player from 2006 on, I'd love to hear from US owners who have a stock cassette player in their post-2005 Pilot, which I believe was the last year you could still listen to your oldie-but-goodie, boy-that-takes-me-back mix tapes in a new stock Pilot.

·
Registered
2007 EX-L
489 Posts
Pic appears to have some oil dripped onto the oil filter and a bit of tumbleweed
I haven't changed the oil yet, that is on the list. I will take a look up in there to see if there is a leak. Could be spool valve gasket. Yes, the tumbleweed. It was sitting for a bit before I grabbed it. Spider webs too, time to break out the flame thrower.

·
Registered
10,863 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
832 Posts
Aftermarket key fob bought 2yrs ago broke. Previously, only the original top half was broken so I just put the new top half on the bottom half. Received my next aftermarket case today and pulled the guts out of original bottom half and dremeled the casing around the chip to make it fit the new case. Tried all out and worked fine. Hot glued chip in and now for $6.49 total cost I’m ready to roll again!😁👍👍. Also noticed while testing out that I’m at Exactly 231,000 miles!! (notice the temperature 😉)

Product Font Peripheral Automotive lighting Gadget
Automotive lighting Trip computer Vehicle Motor vehicle Gauge

·
Registered
370 Posts
Aftermarket key fob bought 2yrs ago broke. Previously, only the original top half was broken so I just put the new top half on the bottom half. Received my next aftermarket case today and pulled the guts out of original bottom half and dremeled the casing around the chip to make it fit the new case. Tried all out and worked fine. Hot glued chip in and now for $6.49 total cost I’m ready to roll again!😁👍👍. Also noticed while testing out that I’m at Exactly 231,000 miles!! (notice the temperature 😉)

View attachment 154298 View attachment 154299
I got one of those cause I am going to need to replace my battery soon and my current fob is JB welded together LOL

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 230k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 147k
140 Posts
Your link, and with two different browsers, the specs always include "cassette," no matter what trim level I select from the drop-down list.

View attachment 154271

View attachment 154270

Just tried it with two more different browsers, with the same result.

As to your speculation that only Canadian models were deprived of the stock cassette player from 2006 on, I'd love to hear from US owners who have a stock cassette player in their post-2005 Pilot, which I believe was the last year you could still listen to your oldie-but-goodie, boy-that-takes-me-back mix tapes in a new stock Pilot.
06 EX-L here with no RES and no cassette player. I had one in my 04 EX-L RES. I figured it got discontinued.

1441 - 1460 of 1509 Posts