Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1241 - 1255 of 1255 Posts

·
Registered
2017 EX-L, rack, boards, hitch 2007 Ex-L Navi, rack, boards, hitch 2016 CR-V, rack
87 Posts
Does it count if all I did with the Pilots was let them watch me give the CRV a ‘flush and bleed’ and the 1st of 3 ATF drain and fills? 😆 Did the one man soda bottle bleed and went with Prestone DOT 3 and for the tranny Castrol’s CVT Transmax ATF. I’ve got some more Prestone and some VML and some DW1 waiting for the weekend for them!

·
Registered
2017 EX-L, rack, boards, hitch 2007 Ex-L Navi, rack, boards, hitch 2016 CR-V, rack
87 Posts
Congrats! The ‘07 moved my oldest and the ‘17 moved my youngest.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,159 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,184 Posts
Took my wife out for a picnic, trying to ignore the 5% Oil Life Remaining dash message.

With Mobil 1 full synth in there, I'm going to hold out until it gets to at least 0%, dagnabbit!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Chirping was not the tensioner. The alternator bearing has some chunkiness to it. Time to have it rebuilt. It still works, but the chirping has to go.
My Pilot started a whine noise under the hood last week. PS was fine, voltage 14.1 and a/c worked. On my way back from dropping my little girl off to college the whine became a screech. Alternator still charging 14.1 but I decided to rush home. Last exit on the highway the voltage dropped to 11.7 with a faint hint of electrical smell. Turned off the a/c and minimized braking and signals. On the local roads the battery light popped on intermittently. Pilot made it home :D Hope your alternator doesn’t leave you stranded.

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
My Pilot started a whine noise under the hood last week. PS was fine, voltage 14.1 and a/c worked. On my way back from dropping my little girl off to college the whine became a screech. Alternator still charging 14.1 but I decided to rush home. Last exit on the highway the voltage dropped to 11.7 with a faint hint of electrical smell. Turned off the a/c and minimized braking and signals. On the local roads the battery light popped on intermittently. Pilot made it home :D Hope your alternator doesn’t leave you stranded.
Glad you made it home despite the whine. I almost did. :(

Alternator issue?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Took her in for inspection today. $1,600 in order to pass inspection; so I almost shot her and put her out of my misery. I need new battery - I got almost 9 years on a 60 month Duralast Gold 35 DLG from Autozone - not bad, right. Also, need Right and Front engine mounts ($390 and $600 respectively) and $400 for "blown" right rear shock ($250 for labor; $150 for the shock). Uh, I just put the rear shocks in this spring when I did the knuckle/bearing, drum/rotors/brakes, and suspension work; so there is no way the shock could be blown unless defective. But, they are KYB Excel-Gs; so I am pretty sure I could do both again myself for way less that what the dealer wants for the one part.

Now, I have never done engine mounts before. So any thoughts if I am in over my head there?

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
If there's a lot of air in the system having your pump the brake peddle helper push the peddle to the floor when you open the bleeder and hold the peddle to the floor while you close it will push the air through the line instead of compressing it. Repeat until you are getting clear fluid and just small air bubbles, then do the pump the pedal three times and hold to floor to remove the remaining air in the system.
The Mrs has always been kind enough to come pump brakes for me.
Be sure to wear eye protection when down on the ground bleeding brakes. BF in the eye is bad mojo.
My wife will as well, but only if I agree to hearing her protests about it. The vacuum setup is just so much faster and easier though. Only time I needed my wife to help was somehow I got air in the clutch line on the bmw and old school pumping seemed to help get it out.

Just realized that if you're partnerless or the Mrs option is fraught with ramifications :), the Foxwell NT630 Plus scan tool can also perform ABS auto bleed.

Font Screenshot Document Number

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ordered BeckArnley front and right mounts - gonna get at ‘em this weekend. Getting free, warranty replacement KYB shocks from Amazon/KYB - gonna get at them this weekend too. But why would the dealer tell me a replacement battery was $175 and then when my wife texted me the receipt/ repair order, I see the battery was $140 (including $20 for install) and the other $35 was some nonsensical “Battery Cleaning Service?!?!” So, the cleaned the old battery and then replaced it? Argh!

While I am at it, I’m gonna clean the MAF and the throttle body too. May even try to get to the valve co we gaskets depending on how much time the mounts take!

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
2007 EX-L
404 Posts
I bought another sister for Abby. Already had Frick the CR-V. Meet Rhonda the Element. May get a name change, but that was her name before. Boy is this one a project. I should start buying running vehicles.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
I bought another sister for Abby. Already had Frick the CR-V. Meet Rhonda the Element. May get a name change, but that was her name before. Boy is this one a project. I should start buying running vehicles. View attachment 152854
Nice!
I always wanted to pickup a salvaged Element. I'm jelly a little bit.

1241 - 1255 of 1255 Posts