Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1201 - 1220 of 1255 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 226k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 145k
125 Posts
Saw a leak from underneath today. Doesn't smell of PS fluid or oil. Popped the hood and I'm guessing this is a busted and leaking pass side engine mount? Rockauto says hydraulic so I guess so. Any input on it being safe to drive til we get the replacement one in? Or if I'm totally off base identifying the problem. 😁

Attachments

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
Saw a leak from underneath today. Doesn't smell of PS fluid or oil. Popped the hood and I'm guessing this is a busted and leaking pass side engine mount? Rockauto says hydraulic so I guess so. Any input on it being safe to drive til we get the replacement one in? Or if I'm totally off base identifying the problem. 😁
The passenger side (right) engine mount has always been solid. That may not mean the rubber couldn't turn to goo somehow. Very odd. Have you had a power steering fluid spill in the past? The fluid may have had a reaction to the rubber?
People drive around with broken side mounts all the time. If I needed the vehicle, I'd keep driving it until my new mount came in.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 226k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 145k
125 Posts
Apparently I'm a moron and didn't realize there were three mounts, so i assumed it was hydraulic until I was staring at photos of them going 'there's no way that square cube fits in that round hole.'

I didn't see a leak on any of my PS lines. No recent PS leaks either - it didn't smell like PS fluid either which was odd. It was kind of a brown color and seemed watery. I keep the engine bay really clean, so I would normally notice--maybe possibly this is water stuck in there from when I cleaned the engine bay over the weekend?

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
Apparently I'm a moron and didn't realize there were three mounts, so i assumed it was hydraulic until I was staring at photos of them going 'there's no way that square cube fits in that round hole.'

I didn't see a leak on any of my PS lines. No recent PS leaks either - it didn't smell like PS fluid either which was odd. It was kind of a brown color and seemed watery. I keep the engine bay really clean, so I would normally notice--maybe possibly this is water stuck in there from when I cleaned the engine bay over the weekend?
Yes. Very possible.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
Going back to boneyard again today. Have to get part of the harness for the drivers seat. Spent part of yesterday afternoon going back and forth through the body electrical section of the Service Manual figuring out what wiring is required. Being we've got an 06 LX and the seats came out of an 08 EX things are a bit different.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,159 Posts
I replaced the rear windshield wiper blade. That took all of two minutes.

The cabin air filter I ordered also arrived, but I‘ll probably hold off installing it until fire season ends.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
Made the boneyard run and got a bit more than just the parts I'll need to do the drivers seat power harness. Man those under dash fuse boxes are a real PITA to remove. While I was at it also got enough of the harness for the 110 volt inverter that was also in the 08. I do believe I'll be wiring that a bit different than OEM. Have to wonder why Honda ran things to the opposite side fuse boxes. Also got the rear center console panel, and the lift-gate insert.

:unsure: I think I've got enough to keep me busy for awhile. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,190 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
Could you elaborate and post a pic?
I'll have to take a photo, but it's the plastic piece that the backup lights, and rear license plate mount into.
Mine was broke out at the top where the liftgate handle is. I tried gluing it back together with PVC cement, but it's cracking again.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
I'll have to take a photo, but it's the plastic piece that the backup lights, and rear license plate mount into.
Mine was broke out at the top where the liftgate handle is. I tried gluing it back together with PVC cement, but it's cracking again.
OK thanks, I see it now. Well, in my head, but good enough. :)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I’ve heard that piece is a PIA to remove.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
OK thanks, I see it now. Well, in my head, but good enough. :)
Here you go. Somebody drilled lower license plate holes because the stock bolts were broken off.

I’ve heard that piece is a PIA to remove.
Somebody had already removed the inner panel, and started to remove it but gave up.
There are three bolts across the top that you have to go through access holes to get at. The rest is plastic push pins. A 7mm deep socket pushed over them is the easiest way to release them. The center two are the hardest to get at, but if you've got the rest of it loose you can slide it to the left and remove it.

I also scored.

The chrome is perfect! (y)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Took my daughter camping the past few days. Got a little mud on the tires and ran her good up and down some logging roads.

Fun on the logging road
Mudflats Video

This was a fun part. The picture doesn't show how steep this gully actually is and that mud sinks, but first run the heavy loaded Pilot couldn't get up to the left. Spinning wheels I downed to 1st, VTM-4 lock, VSA off, and just dug a bit more. Reversed until I was spinning, then pulled right to get out. My daughter was soo excited and happy we didn't get stuck that she wanted to pose in front of the site.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Logging roads FTW. (y)

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
Started shampooing those 2008 EX seats yesterday. Got the two front seats done. They were dirtier than they looked. Using one of those portable Hoover Spotless Carpet/Upholstery machines. Figured it's easier to do them while out of the vehicle. Removed the plastic trim to get access to the fabric under them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
On Friday, I went to Discount Tire and had them put a tire on the steel wheel I bought from Bernardi to use as a spare.

The space saver spare (SSS?) failed on me when I needed it, so it went in the dumpster.

The spare mostly fits under the car. I'm thinking about putting a ratchet strap on it, just to be safe.

Have a GREAT day!

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
555 Posts
Got the other four seats shampooed yesterday, after all it was Labor Day. For seats that didn't look bad other than a few dirty hand marks were way dirtier than they looked. Possible severe storms today, so removal of old, and install of new will have to wait. I need a break anyway those seats kicked my butt. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
On Friday, I went to Discount Tire and had them put a tire on the steel wheel I bought from Bernardi to use as a spare.

The space saver spare (SSS?) failed on me when I needed it, so it went in the dumpster.

The spare mostly fits under the car. I'm thinking about putting a ratchet strap on it, just to be safe.

Have a GREAT day!
Why the ratchet strap? Is something wrong with the hoist? These can be replaced.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Why the ratchet strap? Is something wrong with the hoist? These can be replaced.
The ratchet strap may not be a bad idea on older rust-belt vehicles with cable strapped spare tires. The damages from a wayward spare tire that breaks free can be catastrophic. Think there are plenty of stories about pickup trucks losing not only the tire but the rusty cross member. Perhaps something more durable than a ratchet strap can be used to supplement an old hoist cable.

1201 - 1220 of 1255 Posts