Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1041 - 1060 of 1109 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
603 Posts
Hoping for no damage myself, well other than the belt.
Received the kit April 29th, and installed on April 30th, & 31st. Kit has 2,031 miles on it.
I did find the end of the belt, but need to go get the Honda damper pulley socket again before I can proceed further.
Here's the end of the belt.
View attachment 150834 View attachment 150835
Neither cam is seized, and I got the damper to turn back a bit. The belt had it jammed rather tight.
I'll know more once I get the damper, & timing cover off.
Maaannnnn..... feeling for ya. Looks like you couldn’t have cut it any cleaner. Happy Cams aren’t seized

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,692 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
332 Posts
Maaaannnn....... I hate that! What’s the next steps?
I'm going to try to get the broke off bolt out of the block (not going to be fun) and then check if the valves survived using compressed air through the spark plug holes. If they didn't I'm not sure what I'll do.

·
Registered
2005 Honda pilot EX-L (Big Ronda)
81 Posts
Diagnosed my AC problem, turns out it was a leaking schrader valve on the low pressure side. Makes sense now why the vacuum leak test went perfectly (held solid at -29 psi for two hours with no vacuum pump started), because the hose and gauges set I used to read said pressure kept the system sealed. New valves on order, hopefully will have this straightened out in a few days.

I also got rid of my random misfire and specific cylinder misfire codes, though. I replaced the coils and injectors, as well as the gasket/filter screen for the VTEC solenoid.

My test drive ran pretty nice, except the CEL came back on during the trip, still got the P2646 code saying the Rocker arm oil pressure switch circuit has low voltage. From what I've read, the clogged filter screen on the gasket is the most common culprit, but since that's replaced I might need to swap out the switch itself. I read that it also may be a connector or wiring issue as well, but I am inexperienced and underequipped to start testing all the electrical connectors and wiring. I might just replace the switch and see what happens.

Gotta rest up though, I also received new KYB struts and shocks for all 4 corners, the timing belt kit is on the way (already got the motor mount), and I also got the compressor/condenser set for my old Infiniti I'm giving to my son. Gotta swap out and clean that entire AC system and then replace all the seals on the power steering pump and rack and pinion and the thermostat. And I also just ordered new ignition coils and sway bar end links for the wife's Elantra.

BRB, gonna take a nap for two days straight. 🙄
Thats happened to my lexus 2 or 3 times over the years. If you catch it early enough its actually kinda nice being forced to service the AC and a freon top off. Probably why the AC works flawless in that truck. Its gotten a ac service every 4 years at this point.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
6 Posts
Plastidip? Can you (briefly) walk us through your process? Looks great!
1)deep clean wheels with purple power diluted 10:1, agitate solution with brush then rinse.
2) cut open trash bag and feed through rims to cover brakes, mask bag.
3) mask emblems and mask lug nuts(I used finger tips from some shop gloves for the lugs) see pic

4) Do 5 coats, 1st being a dusting, last coat touch up any spots you missed. Coats in between should be heavy and contoured to rims. Don’t go to heavy as to avoid drips!
5) let fully dry for an hour before peeling.

I use 3 cans, 1 can for two tires and the last can is used to put a final coat on all 4.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,692 Posts
2) cut open trash bag and feed through rims to cover brakes, mask bag.
3) mask emblems and mask lug nuts(I used finger tips from some shop gloves for the lugs) see pic

Or, and hear me out, remove the tires. :)

Nice result! (y)

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
603 Posts
I'll be trying to get that broke off timing belt idler bolt out of the block, not a lot of room to work in, and it's going to be very muggy for the next few days here.
Just wondering- any reason you do the bolt extraction before your valve check/cylinder/piston check?

1041 - 1060 of 1109 Posts