Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1109 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,692 Posts
I was airing some... Ahem... Stinky fumes out from myself and the window got stuck a few inches down. It would slightly go up and down but not all the way.
That was probably Sherman's way of asking you not to do it again. :p

Anyone have a product they recommended to glue in the windshield trim?
For some reason I was going to say Gorilla glue, but that's probably not the right answer. :)

Rebuilt the rear blower motor. Yes you read that right. ;)
Prove it! :D

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
Today, TPMS tomfoolery.

·
Registered
9,692 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
332 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
603 Posts
Now I get to figure out why the battery light came on, engine died, and had to get towed about 1.25 miles. Died in the construction zone out front. $131.88 tow bill, there went the CB blower motor fix savings.:rolleyes:
I.A.D? Instant Alternator Death? Did it seize up?

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
332 Posts
I.A.D? Instant Alternator Death? Did it seize up?
I wish it was that simple, I just went over with the fully charged battery and all I got was click when I turned the key. Tried turning motor over by hand through the PS pump pulley, and none of the belt driven accessories are froze. The belt is slipping on the damper pulley. I've got a bad feeling. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
603 Posts
I wish it was that simple, I just went over with the fully charged battery and all I got was click when I turned the key. Tried turning motor over by hand through the PS pump pulley, and none of the belt driven accessories are froze. The belt is slipping on the damper pulley. I've got a bad feeling. :rolleyes:
Are you thinking TB?

·
Registered
2006 EX-L (Should be an EX-V, 'cuz vinyl, lol)
98 Posts
Ouch!! I sincerely hope it didn't bork your valves.

Good luck!

Btw, how did you rebuild your rear blower motor? I don't want to spend $100+ on a new one right now.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,020 Posts
Just wondering if my mpg’s are lower than normal for a maintained 1st Gen? I went up around 4 mpg after valve adjustment and plugs. This is 1st long trip I have taken and was thinking I would get s little more?
I would have jumped up and down for joy if my wife’s Pilot ever got better than 18 mpg for a mostly freeway trip. Getting 20 mpg with these boxes with wheels is very good.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
332 Posts
Ouch!! I sincerely hope it didn't bork your valves.

Good luck!

Btw, how did you rebuild your rear blower motor? I don't want to spend $100+ on a new one right now.
Post # 36, & 37.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
603 Posts
I would have jumped up and down for joy if my wife’s Pilot ever got better than 18 mpg for a mostly freeway trip. Getting 20 mpg with these boxes with wheels is very good.
Thanks for that info. I feel better now 😁👍. That’s good for us to know 👍

·
Registered
98 Posts
Post # 36, & 37.
Thanks a million! I think I can afford that, if I can't get one from the boneyard, that is. Time is almost as valuable as actual money these days, lol....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maaaannnn..... you got your work cut out for ya!!! Let us know how it goes!
Okay, so...I was finally able to unbolt the rear seats from the Elantra and reach up behind one to release the latch holding it in place. Then I could get into the trunk. Once inside, I quickly had the chilling realization that the emergency trunk release was not working, either. If I were to be kidnapped in my wife's car, I'd have been well and truly screwed.

After much cursing and swearing and foul-mouthedness I managed to get the trunk latch unbolted after I figured out it was inoperable. That allowed me to open the trunk and get a better idea of the magnitude of the issue, a busted latch assembly. Turns out the latch assembly sells on RA for a measly $35 or so, so I have one on order. It took me a good hour+ to get the rear seats all re-bolted in place and everything tucked in. Before I finished though, I literally removed the seat fold-down latch that is only accessible from inside the trunk, so one side of the fold-down back seat will not latch. Then I took some heavy gauge wire and tied the crap out of the trunk lid from the inside. Now everything's back in place and the rear seats are still usable. Trunk too, but you have to load and unload it from the rear of the passenger compartment, lmao...

In a few days I'll have a nice, FUNCTIONAL latch installed back in the trunk and all will be right with the world.

Oh, and the part of the trunk latch that broke? A small plastic arm that held tension via a small spring, holding the arm out of the way once the trunk is unlatched, and moving over when latched. Literally a cheap little plastic part breaking caused me 7 hours of sweaty grief. I'm not a huge fan of Hyundai Motors right this second.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
603 Posts
Okay, so...I was finally able to unbolt the rear seats from the Elantra and reach up behind one to release the latch holding it in place. Then I could get into the trunk. Once inside, I quickly had the chilling realization that the emergency trunk release was not working, either. If I were to be kidnapped in my wife's car, I'd have been well and truly screwed.

After much cursing and swearing and foul-mouthedness I managed to get the trunk latch unbolted after I figured out it was inoperable. That allowed me to open the trunk and get a better idea of the magnitude of the issue, a busted latch assembly. Turns out the latch assembly sells on RA for a measly $35 or so, so I have one on order. It took me a good hour+ to get the rear seats all re-bolted in place and everything tucked in. Before I finished though, I literally removed the seat fold-down latch that is only accessible from inside the trunk, so one side of the fold-down back seat will not latch. Then I took some heavy gauge wire and tied the crap out of the trunk lid from the inside. Now everything's back in place and the rear seats are still usable. Trunk too, but you have to load and unload it from the rear of the passenger compartment, lmao...

In a few days I'll have a nice, FUNCTIONAL latch installed back in the trunk and all will be right with the world.

Oh, and the part of the trunk latch that broke? A small plastic arm that held tension via a small spring, holding the arm out of the way once the trunk is unlatched, and moving over when latched. Literally a cheap little plastic part breaking caused me 7 hours of sweaty grief. I'm not a huge fan of Hyundai Motors right this second.
Thanks for the update!!! Sounded like a Real PIA project but glad all will be Right very soon😁👍👍

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 226k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 145k
103 Posts
@CPTDaniel ,that reminds me of a great trunk story from my Accord if anyone wants a laugh...

This was last summer on my birthday. So, I got two new speakers for the rear from the in laws because one was blown. I wired them in and was getting some serious low end rattle. So I get in the trunk and I'm pushing on stuff to try to track down my rattle. Then I have the bright idea to close the trunk lid because maybe that will secure whatever this is.

Now, mind you, it is 5 in the evening and it's about 95 and humid outside. Also, I must mention my stereo was cranked to get those bass frequencies to really get the rattle going. Also, I left my phone inside.

So, I close the trunk lid thinking, OK, I'll just reopen the trunk with the latch above my head. Any who, the rattling doesn't stop from the trunk shutting (duh) and now I can't get the trunk open because the latch above my head doesn't seem to work. Now I'm freaking out. I think of using the ski pass through to get my voice heard outside. Fortunately the drivers door is open. So I pull that sucker open and start yelling my 6 year old son's name, who I thought was playing in the driveway. No response. No kidding - the stereo is blaring. In a fit of rage I yank out the speaker wires. I then yell at him again and get a 'yes?'

I yell at him to come in the garage. 'where are you?' he asks innocently. In my calmest (not calm) voice I tell him I'm stuck in the trunk and need help getting out. I tell him to pull the trunk release. It is on the floor on the left side of the driver's seat. 'I can't find it,' he says sweetly. I calmly (not calm) try to explain it again. No dice.

Then I say OK. I need you to go get mom. Tell her it is very important that she comes out right now. 'okay.' But he doesn't really go anywhere. 'Go get mom now!' I say calmly. He leaves. Shortly thereafter I hear the voice of an angel 'where are you?' As calmly as I can (not calm) I say 'I'm in the trunk! I need you to open the trunk.' She has driven my car once and never had to open the trunk. As all of us are with a car not our own she asks 'how do I open it?' I calmly (not calm) explain it to her and this beautiful angel opens my superheated tomb of death and lets me out.
'Why were you locked in the trunk?' she says. I don't really have a good answer but I feel like I was about to die. And I'm drenched in sweat.

The story doesn't end there.

Later that night I'm in my trunk again. This time I'm stuffing foam into the under side of the deck lid. While I'm lying there, I gaze up at the trunk. And on the trunk, I see a glow in the dark button that is the release for the trunk...this is not the pull handle I was pulling earlier. I then put two and two together, and check my guess. Yes, in fact the pull I was using to try to open the trunk was the rear seat release to lie the seats down. So. Let's recap. I was stuck in the trunk. The trunk release (seat release) wouldn't open the trunk because that's not what it does. I didn't realize the seats were released and I could just climb out. And the trunk release button was on the opposite side of my head that I didn't turn to look at because I was panicking.

In short, just FYI guys. The trunk release is on the trunk lid. The handle on the trunk roof lays down the seats.

·
Registered
9,692 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts

Not today but cleaned up my Honda Pilot for the first time since taking ownership almost two months ago, and also took her (named her Debbie) on her first out of New York state trip to New Haven, CT for a day drive. First picture is at Louis' Lunch in New Haven, CT the place that claims to have invented the burger. Thought it was nice to park next to the Honda Element and a Toyota FJ Cruiser. Always wanted a Honda Element but ended up with this Pilot and CR-V instead!

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
332 Posts
Ohhhhhhh noooooo....... Hoping no damage!!!! How long and miles were on the belt if anyways to know??
Hoping for no damage myself, well other than the belt.
Received the kit April 29th, and installed on April 30th, & 31st. Kit has 2,031 miles on it.
I did find the end of the belt, but need to go get the Honda damper pulley socket again before I can proceed further.
Here's the end of the belt.

Neither cam is seized, and I got the damper to turn back a bit. The belt had it jammed rather tight.
I'll know more once I get the damper, & timing cover off.

1021 - 1040 of 1109 Posts