Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
741 - 760 of 1063 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
317 Posts
I just set the ps pump right on top of the engine. Where'd you go with it?
I moved it there, and out over the motor mount which I had to replace the bracket that bolts to the motor due to the bolt stripping the threads out of the bracket. That was a real PITA getting that bolt out. The hose was probably ready to go anyway as the pilot has 270K+ miles on it, and it looks like the original hose.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
585 Posts
Cleaned up fittings at compressor with soap, brush, and rags best I could to loose the uv dye. Drove to church, Walmart to get more 134-a. Great prices $4.88/12oz can. Will see if it needs any and run some more. Want to make sure that accidental 134-a with leakstop install didn’t fix leak now that I have compressor working again.
Stay Tuned kids!!
Had wife “hold” 1500 rpm’s and checked presssures- added 3/8 can 134a and test drove- no cycling using recirculating & max ac . 80 degs & humidity. After 6 mile run sat idle with hood open and both fans would cycle once every few minutes. Temps at vent 36-45 degs. Seems ok. Time to Fish!!

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
585 Posts
Had wife “hold” 1500 rpm’s and checked presssures- added 3/8 can 134a and test drove- no cycling using recirculating & max ac . 80 degs & humidity. After 6 mile run sat idle with hood open and both fans would cycle once every few minutes. Temps at vent 36-45 degs. Seems ok. Time to Fish!!
Fish aren’t biting - so while I am in AC Mode- decided I would clean Blower - it has been making annoying noise for a while- yep full of leaves. Quiet now and no vibrations even on High 😁👍 ohhh- take a picture of how it mounts & where power comes in- I heard of a guy who thought he would remember but had to reinstall 😉😂. Large Tab is evap side by large cable bundle & power is fuse box side

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,613 Posts
I'm going to save you a bit of time in Purgatory for all the foul language
you would have used before you figured out that rear blower thermistor, once you depress the little metal tab (more choice words
saved there, too), is righty-loosey, lefty-tighty.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
585 Posts
I'm going to save you a bit of time in Purgatory for all the foul language View attachment 149671 you would have used before you figured out that rear blower thermistor, once you depress the little metal tab (more choice words View attachment 149670 saved there, too), is righty-loosey, lefty-tighty.
Thanks!!!! Who knew???? Lol. I previously let some foul language out and was kicking myself once I put the blower motor in and it made the plastic on plastic screeching noise. Forget orientation and it Does matter! That right rear screw is a major PIA and was wishing I would have taken the seat out or better yet - Taken a Freaking Picture!! 🤬🤬🤬. Went back to the video and got a glimpse of power lead location 😁👍.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
585 Posts
Installed new A/C compressor and did the front brakes this past week.
Mannn.. You are On It!👍👍. I’m in the AC diagnosis/repair camp too at the moment so have some questions:
1. What led you to full compressor replacement?
2. Did you replace Desiccant bag too or just pull vacuum?
3. Did you use any dye at any point?
4. What was your final L & H side pressures & at what intake temperature?
If I’m forgetting anything please add
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
585 Posts
If you pulled a vacuum and it held before recharging do you still have a leak?
I haven’t pulled a vacuum- I was never totally out- had 20psi on low side before I started adding 123a with dye. Being the ms xcel “geek” (aka bad handwriting & memory) that I am I have started recording my findings. Know for sure the L side port had a leak and did a quick check with new detector and happy to report my HF is working 😁👍. 20% off coupon used of course 😉

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
585 Posts
Thanks.
Just seems any big ticket item that I might want is excluded because of who made it. (Fine Print 🔍)
Of course it is 😉. Lol. May we inquire on that item?

I plan on dropping the “Hint” to son tomorrow regarding the HF vac pump as a good Father’s Day Gift 😉👍

·
Registered
10,245 Posts
Of course it is 😉. Lol. May we inquire on that item?

I plan on dropping the “Hint” to son tomorrow regarding the HF vac pump as a good Father’s Day Gift 😉👍
The key point is that all the really good stuff is not on the table. How many will set and item on the counter and present this 20% coupon, only to be told that they can't use it on this item.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
348 Posts
I've been using the HF vac pump for probably 5 years. I've had to add oil once, and it's still rolling. I just used it again the other day. Fixed a friend's Suburban AC.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL
585 Posts
I've been using the HF vac pump for probably 5 years. I've had to add oil once, and it's still rolling. I just used it again the other day. Fixed a friend's Suburban AC.
Thanks for the info! Also it pulls to 75 micron which is comparable to the Robinair pump for almost 1/2 the cost

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,613 Posts
741 - 760 of 1063 Posts