Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
601 - 620 of 1133 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
287 Posts
Looks very nice on 2003-2005 model year headlights. (y)

I want to hear your clip story. How many of the original clips were you able to reuse, and/or with what did you replace the ones you couldn't?
I didn’t break any clips! I was able to reuse all my old clips, and didn’t even break any tabs on the bumper! It came off very easy and went on without a hitch. And the aftermarket headlights fit perfect. I was worried I’d have to adjust the trim pieces that mount to the headlight but I just lined up where they were at before I took it apart and it went right on.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
512 Posts
I didn’t break any clips! I was able to reuse all my old clips, and didn’t even break any tabs on the bumper! It came off very easy and went on without a hitch. And the aftermarket headlights fit perfect. I was worried I’d have to adjust the trim pieces that mount to the headlight but I just lined up where they were at before I took it apart and it went right on.
Can you let us know how they perform in the dark? I've already taken my front bumper off 3 times in the past year for the AC hose, then the headlights, then the radiator replacement. I'd hate to do it one more time and find that these headlights are even worse than the no-name ones I'm currently using.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Can you let us know how they perform in the dark? I've already taken my front bumper off 3 times in the past year for the AC hose, then the headlights, then the radiator replacement. I'd hate to do it one more time and find that these headlights are even worse than the no-name ones I'm currently using.
Yes I will. I marked the garage door where my oem lights were aimed at, and made sure to adjust the new ones to match the beam height. They seem to have the same reflector pattern, and I used the same headlights as well. Maybe I’ll go for a drive once it gets dark here and give you an update.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,748 Posts
I took my Pilot out for a Pfizer vaccine this afternoon. (For me, not for the Pilot.:))

·
Registered
2006 EX-L (Should be an EX-V, 'cuz vinyl, lol)
102 Posts
So, about that emblem....

Seriously, anyone have a good fix for that chrome being completely gone? Mine's as yellow as John Wayne.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
So, about that emblem....

Seriously, anyone have a good fix for that chrome being completely gone? Mine's as yellow as John Wayne.
In a word, nope. I tried, but in the end you’re going to have to get all artsy-craftsy and delicately repaint it yourself. Read more here.

·
Registered
9,748 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,032 Posts
I washed and vacuumed my wife’s Pilot earlier this week since I felt guilty that it’s the vehicle that ended up on the driveway.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #611 ·
Yes I will. I marked the garage door where my oem lights were aimed at, and made sure to adjust the new ones to match the beam height. They seem to have the same reflector pattern, and I used the same headlights as well. Maybe I’ll go for a drive once it gets dark here and give you an update.
I had to adjust my headlights once before. At night, I found a sedan, parked the pilot 25ft away pointing the side of the sedan, and adjusted my headlight beam to be just a smidge higher than the side door handles of the sedan. Then pulled up to a wall about 5ft away and fine tuned the lights to be at the exact same level to one another. It ended up working very well. My light pattern is great and no one has flashed their lights at me indicating they're getting binded.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I replaced my headliner with fresh material and fixed my map lights in the front that didn't work. Now the interior roof of my pilot looks like it should, and the crisp white LEDs I put in all the fixtures up top really illuminate the inside brightly.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I replaced my headliner with fresh material and fixed my map lights in the front that didn't work. Now the interior roof of my pilot looks like it should, and the crisp white LEDs I put in all the fixtures up top really illuminate the inside brightly.
Post up what LED bulbs you selected as my map lights needed a different style T10 bulb for the map to work

·
Registered
102 Posts
I chose these:

Fair warning, they are bright. I'm not sure if they're too bright yet, but it's a concern. I'll have to see how I feel after some night driving.

I also bought these switches to replace the ones in my map light housings:

The contacts required a little sanding to remove rust on them, but it was an easy job overall, thanks to our sticky on the subject.

For the other LEDs, I used these in the dome lights and the doors:

They're not too bright, but they illuminate very well. I'm happy with them so far.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I chose these:

Fair warning, they are bright. I'm not sure if they're too bright yet, but it's a concern. I'll have to see how I feel after some night driving.

I also bought these switches to replace the ones in my map light housings:

The contacts required a little sanding to remove rust on them, but it was an easy job overall, thanks to our sticky on the subject.

For the other LEDs, I used these in the dome lights and the doors:

They're not too bright, but they illuminate very well. I'm happy with them so far.
So many led choices on Amazon and they all look 👀 good on the website. Tough to filter out the ones that are good or bad. So far I’ve used Auxbeam, JDM, GTR, Auxito etc

·
Registered
102 Posts
I sort of look at this kind of choice as a mild cosmetic risk. You might pay a few bucks for a package of bulbs that look awful or perform poorly in the vehicle, but they also might be perfect.

I think I'm in between on these. The switches worked great, however.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #617 ·
So many led choices on Amazon and they all look 👀 good on the website. Tough to filter out the ones that are good or bad. So far I’ve used Auxbeam, JDM, GTR, Auxito etc
I agree, way too many choices on Amazon. The best I know of is the Diode Dynamics brand. I priced out doing all exterior lights (minus headlight bulbs) with them and it was going to be like ~$400 so, I went with the Luyed brand off of Amazon for the exterior lights and bought a real cheapo interior LED kit (it even came with tiny replacement LED's for the visor mirror lights) for the interior like ~$24 off some random LED auto website. The interior lights don't seem to be really good quality but, time will tell and they are brighter than the original bulbs but, not annoyingly bright.

All said and done for $136 for the exterior Luyed LED's and the interior kit.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 226k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 145k
112 Posts
Today I went to do a restore kit on the headlights. I got started and realized I wasn't making a dent in the sealant that the prior owner applied (it was cracking and yellowing). I ultimately ended up pulling out my orbital sander with 220 grit and wet sanded it that way before starting the 3m kit. There's still some scratches in it that I couldn't get out (lack of varied degrees of sandpaper) but it looks a ton better than before! It took about 2 hours to just do one. Once I get the other done, I'll be sealing them again with the Meguiar's spray.

My dad also just sent me the photo of his black 08 Pilot and he just put on matte black running boards today. Looks pretty sharp!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,748 Posts
^^^ Nice.(y)

Have you considered Cerakote?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Finally got around to throwing on my KYB quick struts and shocks. Took about two hours for all 4. They feel firmly planted, and smoother than the clapped out OEM struts and shocks. Very happy with them, worth the 300 bucks!

Attachments

601 - 620 of 1133 Posts