Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

521 - 540 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
2006 EX-L (Should be an EX-V, 'cuz vinyl, lol)
52 Posts
I was busy last night! I installed replacement KYB shocks on my wife's 2013 Hyundai, then for my Pilot I put in a new headlight assembly on the passenger's side, replaced the washer reservoir and pump, put in new trim and fender clips in every spot under the hood and put on a new side marker light housing. But then I found that the "repairs" done to the front quarter were pretty crap, and whoever put a new fender on just cut the wires leading to the side marker lamp socket rather than spending $12 on a new housing.

Sigh.

So...on a related note, anyone know where I can find a side marker lamp socket to replace that one? I already have the bulb, lol...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Related, anyone know where I can find a housing/lens for the passenger side reverse lamp on a 2006 EX-L? I found some online for a small fortune, so I'm not sure it needs fixed just yet, ya know?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,566 Posts
Related, anyone know where I can find a housing/lens for the passenger side reverse lamp on a 2006 EX-L? I found some online for a small fortune, so I'm not sure it needs fixed just yet, ya know?
The only place I found online was here, but as you said it was mighty expensive. I fixed the crack on the lens housing with clear packing tape instead. The tape needs to be replaced every couple years, but that’s not a huge task.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,324 Posts
I replaced mine with a junkyard one. Cost me about $5 but it was a complete pain to get out. YOu have to remove all the plastic trim on the rear hatch, then pop the license plate assembly out. I kind of pried it out and hoped nothing broke...nothing did.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's a thought. It's a low priority at the moment, but I might keep an eye out at the local yards.

Thanks!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The only place I found online was here, but as you said it was mighty expensive. I fixed the crack on the lens housing with clear packing tape instead. The tape needs to be replaced every couple years, but that’s not a huge task.
Side note, I found the wiring harness for that side marker light on here for only $7.20. Hmmm, that's pretty cheap.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,860 Posts
I got my new intake snorkel delivered from Rock Auto.
Haven't installed it yet.
I figure if it's been leaking for years, another week won't hurt LOL

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
3,822 Posts
I got my new intake snorkel delivered from Rock Auto.
Haven't installed it yet.
I figure if it's been leaking for years, another week won't hurt LOL
Out of curiosity, when you were shopping did you happen to run across a set of 2006 fender flares? One member, who shall go un-named, has been jonenslng pretty bad for a set.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
1,860 Posts
Out of curiosity, when you were shopping did you happen to run across a set of 2006 fender flares? One member, who shall go un-named, has been jonenslng pretty bad for a set.
Well, TBH, I didn't look, sorry

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
S'OK, catch me next time.

Can't wait to see your install pics...

...and when you light the afterburners. :D

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I never know how my kids will respond when I ask if they want to help with car maintenance. Fortunately today my son said yes, so we did a power steering fluid exchange (4x with a modified horse syringe) and a VTM-4 drain and fill. It was nice to have some company out there and I think he learned a thing or two. It’s been nice seeing him gain confidence as his skills improve.

Some lady on my street looked at me like I was crazy as I serpentined the Pilot curb to curb to exercise the power steering pump. I got the same look the second time we did the same thing. She didn’t seem phased the third round. I guess she figured by that point that I wasn’t going to take out every car parked on the street.

·
Registered
8,584 Posts
Some lady on my street looked at me like I was crazy as I serpentined the Pilot curb to curb to exercise the power steering pump. I got the same look the second time we did the same thing. She didn’t seem phased the third round. I guess she figured by that point that I wasn’t going to take out every car parked on the street.
You've just got to find a patch of road like this, and say you're following directions. :)

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Motor oil, filter, trans drain and fill, and rear diff fluid changed. Got it all done in 25min. Yes, I set a timer.
That’s crazy fast!!! I’m guessing you filled the tranny through the fill port instead of the dipstick since filling through the dipstick takes 20 minutes on its own.😁

Reactions: The Todd

·
Registered
8,584 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #540
That’s crazy fast!!! I’m guessing you filled the tranny through the fill port instead of the dipstick since filling through the dipstick takes 20 minutes on its own.😁
I used the turkey baster dipstick refill method. Yes, this was the longest part refilling through the dipstick. A trans drain and fill is only ~3.75qts so, not that bad. I have one oil drain pan and used two cardboard boxes lined with plastic trash bags for the trans and diff. I pulled the oil and trans plugs first then dropped the spare tire and got the diff draining. Went back to the front and changed the oil filter and by then the oil and trans was still coming out in a little stream. In that time, I got my VTM fluid and hand fluid pump ready for the diff. After that, oil and trans was down to a drip and I put the plugs back in and refilled them. Finally, back to finish the diff. and dump all the old fluids into the oil change pan to drop off at a local shop.

I love how easy fluid maint. is on the Pilot and I love that don't have to jack it up either or deal with skid plates. Just have a good plan of attack beforehand and you can knockout fluid changes in no time!

521 - 540 of 589 Posts