Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
2081 - 2100 of 2149 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Pilot EX-L - - 240k 2007 Honda Accord SE - - 153k
197 Posts
Made it half way to Florida so far. Hit the 240k milestone yesterday. Beginning to think my rear motor mount may be in the future. Probably all 3. But it is giving some feelings of lack of sturdiness for lack of a better term when shifting. The shifts all seem perfectly fine, but the engine feels like it isn't as planted as it should be when the torque changes at a gear shift.

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,880 Posts
I would think that would take care of it. I'd prolly try to rub em down with a paper towel after that too just to be safe.
And test the brakes out on a nice flat area before going down a hill. I’m guessing @plplplpl has removed and cleaned the pads with brake cleaner as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Replaced the headlights and got a new set of Michelin Defenders today. Wow it rides 100x better.
Are those headlights OEM, or aftermarket?

The Defender LTX (old version LTX MS/2) was my favorite tire on my Pilot until I tried the Falken CT60 a couple years ago. Very surprised at how well that tire has done over the last year or two, in terms of wear, lack of tire noise as it gets older, and traction in rain and snow. Plus it was quite a bit cheaper. Discount Tire carries them, and their Falken Pro G5CSV is basically their store only version of the CT60.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2004 EX
624 Posts
It started after two weeks, so the parasitic drain is definitely in one of the circuits in the passenger footwell fusebox. If it wasn't so hot outside, I'd be in there trying to track it down.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,857 Posts
Are those headlights OEM, or aftermarket?

The Defender LTX (old version LTX MS/2) was my favorite tire on my Pilot until I tried the Falken CT60 a couple years ago. Very surprised at how well that tire has done over the last year or two, in terms of wear, lack of tire noise as it gets older, and traction in rain and snow. Plus it was quite a bit cheaper. Discount Tire carries them, and their Falken Pro G5CSV is basically their store only version of the CT60.
aftermarket. So far I’m very pleased. I’ve restored the oem headlights about 6 times and they are past the point of being saved. Oem assemblies were like $350 each so not even a consideration.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 235,500 Miles
1,313 Posts
On the hunt for weak point in ac clutch wire/connector. Sure seems to be the connector by condenser fan shroud. Might just cut it out and put bullet connector on to rule it out.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 235,500 Miles
1,313 Posts
Made it half way to Florida so far. Hit the 240k milestone yesterday. Beginning to think my rear motor mount may be in the future. Probably all 3. But it is giving some feelings of lack of sturdiness for lack of a better term when shifting. The shifts all seem perfectly fine, but the engine feels like it isn't as planted as it should be when the torque changes at a gear shift.
Make it to Fl ok?

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,880 Posts
On the hunt for weak point in ac clutch wire/connector. Sure seems to be the connector by condenser fan shroud. Might just cut it out and put bullet connector on to rule it out.
Good luck finding the issue. Those bullet connectors are nice and tight so that’s a good choice. Don’t forget to insulate them if they’re the non-insulated version.

Reactions: aggrex and ConrodM

·
Registered
2006 EX-L, RES
90 Posts
I cheaped out and bought Dorman. If they get me 60-70k miles, I'm happy. As seldom as I drive (I work from home) that could well be 8-10 years.

I'm pretty sure the ones that were in there were already replacements. They weren't totally shot, but there were some minor tears in the bushings. The steering's noticeably crisper now.

When I decide to do struts, I'll probably farm it out if I can find a shop that'll let me supply my own KYB's. The strut mount point in the knuckles are made of solid rust.

·
Registered
2004 EX
624 Posts
Came home to find out Kenny started. So, it's not fuses 1, 2, 8, 13 or 16. I added fuses 9, 10 and 11 so we will see if it starts when I come home from CA. I will figure out the parasitic drain hopefully soon.
Side note, I did the first two drain and fills on the MDX transmission. Fluid came out looking like chocolate, so this should help. Also changed rear diff fluid, which looked pretty good still. Much better than the trans fluid. Nice to get that stuff done.

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,880 Posts
Came home to find out Kenny started. So, it's not fuses 1, 2, 8, 13 or 16. I added fuses 9, 10 and 11 so we will see if it starts when I come home from CA. I will figure out the parasitic drain hopefully soon.
Side note, I did the first two drain and fills on the MDX transmission. Fluid came out looking like chocolate, so this should help. Also changed rear diff fluid, which looked pretty good still. Much better than the trans fluid. Nice to get that stuff done.
The good news for the parasitic drain is that you’ve got the time to follow the breadcrumb trail as you install groups of fuses and wait. Hopefully the culprit reveals itself soon.

Are you back out here in Sonoma County?

2081 - 2100 of 2149 Posts