Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
2001 - 2020 of 2048 Posts

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
I think that the noise is attributable to wheel bearings, but I don't know which ones.
One quick litmus test is to find a safe open stretch, get up to a moderate speed, then suddenly veer left or right and try to listen for which corner the bearing noise comes from.

·
Registered
12,482 Posts
I got this and it lifts the front and back from the center perfect and plenty high to get the jackstands under.
How much and where? Was it a sale at Canadian Tire?

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
869 Posts
Finally found an 06-08 headliner without sunroof in even the right color (grey). (y)
But now I'm to pooped to put it in after removing it at the boneyard.
Must have been close to 100°F inside that greenhouse even with all of the doors open.
Too bad someone tried jacking up another one by the OEM lower bumper trim. (Factory Bull Bar) or I'd have that also. Have to wonder if it was the same person that messed up the OEM running boards on the same Pilot. :(

·
Registered
2004 EX
611 Posts
Sometimes I think people go in there to destroy parts. Just my thought.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
869 Posts
Sometimes I think people go in there to destroy parts. Just my thought.
I wonder the same, but could tell by how those things were messed up figure they just don't have a clue what they're doing. Got to counter with the headliner, and a few other parts and the counter person asked didn't you go out only about an hour ago? I replied yep, probably about that long ago.
Got offered a job again, but I'm retired and simply couldn't do it as an every day thing anymore.
Besides that it would screw up my Social Security.

·
Registered
2007 EX 4WD
372 Posts
Ordered these yesterday- will let y’all know how they work out today 😉👍

View attachment 160377
Might have to stack 2 to get height I want
cheaper still: And any self-respecting Canuck will have them just lying around the house.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,848 Posts
Finally found an 06-08 headliner without sunroof in even the right color (grey). (y)
But now I'm to pooped to put it in after removing it at the boneyard.
Must have been close to 100°F inside that greenhouse even with all of the doors open.
Too bad someone tried jacking up another one by the OEM lower bumper trim. (Factory Bull Bar) or I'd have that also. Have to wonder if it was the same person that messed up the OEM running boards on the same Pilot. :(
The salvage yard near me told me that the way they lift the vehicles almost always destroys the running boards. Unfortunate because I've been searching for OEM running boards for almost 3 years now.

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,825 Posts
The salvage yard near me told me that the way they lift the vehicles almost always destroys the running boards. Unfortunate because I've been searching for OEM running boards for almost 3 years now.
I wonder if they’ve ever considered removing the boards before lifting the vehicle. Then they’d have running boards to sell.

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
869 Posts
I could tell whoever destroyed these parts either didn't know what they were doing, or didn't have many tools with them. The parts had the tell tale sign of crow bar use on them. This yard has one of the long forked trucks and they pick the vehicles up from the ends.

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 235,500 Miles
1,241 Posts
cheaper still: And any self-respecting Canuck will have them just lying around the house.

I tried the amazon pucks- had to stack but not feeling comfortable even if I will only be using temporarily to get jack stands under side lifting points. Plan on swapping out for newer set of 3- Tons

Regarding the hockey pucks….yeah never even held one. Not much ice on our lakes 😉

·
Registered
12,482 Posts

You betcha.
Smile Emoticon Recipe Fruit Natural foods

I did my headlights. Looks better than it did, though I have condensation in one of them, so I'm eventually getting new buckets.
What did you use? I've got some Cerakote just waiting for me to run out of procrastination excuses. :)

·
Registered
2017 EX-L AWD, rack, boards, hitch 2007 EX-L AWD Navi, rack, boards, hitch 2016 CR-V EX-L AWD, rack
167 Posts
Total Loss offer is in - $8000 plus tax and tags before my “Better Car Replacement” bump of $1100. So, $9100 plus tax and tags. A little low, especially in this market, but in the ballpark.

Reactions: 20Piloteer07

·
Registered
2006 Pilot LX 4WD
869 Posts
Dropped off at the upholstery shop for headliner replacement. (y)
Finished installing the $35.00 boneyard replacement yesterday afternoon.
The original was destroyed by the mice village that had moved into the Pilot before we got it.
(Had holes chewed through it, and was rather stinky)
Was actually surprised to find an EX without sunroof so got the added bonus of the nicer fabric headliner and fabric covered A through C post upper trim panels.
So all total $335.00 to replace entire interior.
(All 6 seats, carpet, door, rear cargo side panels, headliner, and upper A-D post upper trim)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,018 · (Edited)
Ran it thru the car wash, detailed, waxed it twice. First one was a cleaner wax, 2nd was a white paste wax. Waxed factory rims as well. View attachment 160390
Black trimming refreshed. Paint is still original.
Looking great! Gotta do mine soon too. I switched to Turtle Wax Hybrid solutions ceramic wax. It works well with eliminating any hairline (spider web looking) scratches along with a paint correction buffer pad. After that, I give it a quick coating of the Hybrid solutions ceramic spray wax. Then late fall, I'll give it a good bucket wash and another coat of the spray wax before winter. The spray wax is pretty good. I switched after seeing a shootout video of spray wax on Project Farms youtube channel. Hybrid solutions came out the winner. Before, I would put a coat of carnauba wax after using the buffer which takes more time and elbow grease vs the spray stuff.

Also, one thing I recently learned which, I really don't like much but, I started doing is moving the buffer 1 inch every 2 seconds. Takes more time but, apparently that's the best speed to move at from what I read from a car detailing article.

Another tip, don't use ceramic spray wax on your windshield or rear if there is a wiper there too. It will mess up the rubber on the wiper blade and not work as well. ask me how I know 😂. Otherwise, it works great on all the other glass.

·
Registered
2007 Pilot LX 2WD
36 Posts
Looking great! Gotta do mine soon too. I switched to Turtle Wax Hybrid solutions ceramic wax. It works well with eliminating any hairline (spider web looking) scratches along with a paint correction buffer pad. After that, I give it a quick coating of the Hybrid solutions ceramic spray wax. Then late fall, I'll give it a good bucket wash and another coat of the spray wax before winter. The spray wax is pretty good. I switched after seeing a shootout video of spray wax on Project Farms youtube channel. Hybrid solutions came out the winner. Before, I would put a coat of carnauba wax after using the buffer which takes more time and elbow grease vs the spray stuff.

Also, one thing I recently learned which, I really don't like much but, I started doing is moving the buffer 1 inch every 2 seconds. Takes more time but, apparently that's the best speed to move at from what I read from a car detailing article.

Another tip, don't use ceramic spray wax on your windshield or rear if there is a wiper there too. It will mess up the rubber on the wiper blade and not work as well. ask me how I know 😂. Otherwise, it works great on all the other glass.
Thanks! I'll wait until ceramic is goes down on price lol. Currently, I use Meguiar's Pro products, cleaner wax, and hi-tech yellow wax, and their white wax, then apply the final inspection spray after. Truck is parked outside 24/7/365 in this San Francisco weather. Have to wax it more often! You know what I need to do.. come to think of it, is to clay mine more lol.

·
Registered
2007 Pilot LX 2WD
36 Posts
You betcha.
View attachment 160403

What did you use? I've got some Cerakote just waiting for me to run out of procrastination excuses. :)

I used mine with these...

1. Mother's Headlight Restoration Kit
2. then maintain it every month with this.. Chemical Guys Headlight Restoration Kit

I use my Ryobi drill with the buffing ball from the Mother's Restoration Kit, I just wash it with dish soap on tap water to clean from time to time.

2001 - 2020 of 2048 Posts