Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to have my Console Arm Rest on my Pilot-EX-L RES replace due to a small wrinkle on the leather. My Service Advisor just told me that the part is discontinued and the only remedy is to have the armrest reupholstered. whawhawha.....WHAT? :3:

Since I will be going on a long trip this weekend, I'll think about it and have it done when I get back.

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE........arm rest discontinued.......now I am really confused.

·
Registered
395 Posts
It shouldn't be discontinued unless they are no longer using that part in the new Pilots. Maybe there were enough complaints about the sharp metal edge that the armrests were re-engineered?
:confused:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think your dealer is dry-shaving you. I would call another dealer's parts department and ask about ordering one. If they say they can and give you a price, you'll know the score.

·
Registered
664 Posts
That's a definite line if I ever heard one. The vehicle is not even a year old. They would never discontinue the part that quick and even if they did you can bet some type of replacement would be available. Call their bluff one step further, get a quote from a different dealer and then toss it back at them.

What the (bleep!) :3: has happened to some of these dealers? Remember when they actually cared about every customer? There are some many :9: sleazy sales people and poor service managers it's starting to leave a bad taste in your mouth. And worst of all it's those types of jerks that give the really good hard working guys a bad name. (Sorry, frustration.)

Go get your replacement armrest dude. :29:

·
Registered
486 Posts
What about Tim?

This is where's Tim's service is suppose to be of help. Give him a call- he'll get you the right number AND a good price to boot!

·
Registered
486 Posts
On a second thought

You may be better off taking to a trim shop- they can re-cover in a heavier matching leather and add some needed high density padding. Whose to say your facory replacement won't 'wrinkle' again? And it may be cheaper.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After I get back from the long weekend I will definitely make calls. I wasn't that upset cuz he was able to fix my idling noise problem. He sounded very convincing and sincere when he told me about the arm rest being discontinued. Thanks for the encouragement guys.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Did any of the 3 dealerships say why?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Howdy Ag said:
Did any of the 3 dealerships say why?
They were guessing design change. 3 dealers (Robertson Honda, Palmdale, Calif., Honda West, Las Vegas, Desert Honda, Las Vegas).

I guess just to be careful with your arm rest console for there is no replacements at this time.

·
Registered
395 Posts
OK, we need to start asking for pics of the armrest of the Pilots being delivered now until we see what the design change looks like.

I don't get it....does Honda expect that they would never need to provide replacement parts for the 20,000 Pilots already made??
:(

·
Registered
919 Posts
This sounds odd to me. It doesn't make sense at all. I'm wondering if Tim would be able to find some inside scoop on this one. Tim, would you be willing to make a phone call on this? Sooner or later someone is going to ask you to order a part for this and it has our attention for sure!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discontinued?

What does this mean to those of us who are expecting to take delivery soon? Will there be no armrest, or will it be uncushy? Or maybe I just don't get what part you all are talking about.
:confused:

·
Registered
664 Posts
It sounds like the part is in the vehicle. The part however seems to be popping its seams when people sit against it. When it pops it seems they are unable to get a replacement rest at this point.

So look at it but don't move it until it available?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: This part...

to be replaced by...a gaping hole, that just happens to hold CDs?

Or maybe a solid piece? :(

Thanks for the photo. That's the part I thought you were all discussing, but I'm not sure what happens next.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Re: Re: This part...

macbethderham said:
to be replaced by...a gaping hole, that just happens to hold CDs?
There has to be some sort of armrest. It's most likely being re-engineered.

We heard from a number of people who wouldn't buy a Pilot due to the lack of a sunroof. A great deal more will pass on the Pilot if there's no armrest.

On the other hand, it would send the resale value of the first group of Pilots through the roof.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts