Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying a Pilot very soon. I've looked over the vehicle closely and really like it. However, there are a few changels I'd love to see Honda make to have a truly remarkable vehicle.

* forward and backward ajustable 2nd row to allow more room for 3rd row riders
* separate lift gate for rear hatch similar to the Mountaineer or XC90
* just a little more aggressive exterior styling
* non-perforated leather seats
* double din radio slot up top for standard radio upgrades

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
ollicat said:

What do you guys think?
I doubt there will be any exterior style change for atleast 4 years...the vehicle is selling well why redesign??

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
kemo,

whats with the new avatar......I miss the lone ranger :( :(

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
ramirami said:
kemo,

whats with the new avatar......I miss the lone ranger :( :(
ramirami: I needed a slight change of scenery... I've been using that Lone Ranger avatar (off and on, but mostly on) for the past year -- just wanted to try something different, that's all!!! :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
the radio is double din sized.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ollicat said:
I am considering buying a Pilot very soon. I've looked over the vehicle closely and really like it. However, there are a few changels I'd love to see Honda make to have a truly remarkable vehicle.

* forward and backward ajustable 2nd row to allow more room for 3rd row riders
* separate lift gate for rear hatch similar to the Mountaineer or XC90
* non-perforated leather seats
* double din radio slot up top for standard radio upgrades

What do you guys think?
Your list is fine with me ( The leather seats and more aggressive exterior stying would be at the very bottom)

I would Add:

1: Extended side step length that goes further back to better serve putting things on roof.

2: Roof "scuff protectors" running along the raised bars on the roof top to protect against Minor scratches

3: Some sort of a hand hold on the top/back hatch to help step up on the bumper to afford access to the roof rack (currently there is nothing to grab and you are tempted to grab the rear spoiler - which is a BAD idea.

4: Earphone jacks in the rear and front to allow passengers to listen to music, radio, etc without the rest of the car hearing it.

5: Option to get 17 inch rims with bigger more aggressive tires (seems many people do this after market and might as well have option when new)

·
Registered
276 Posts
1. Sunroof!

2. Tilt/telescopic steering wheel!

3. More torque!

4. Better interior materials!

5. 4-speed automatic transmission!

6. Phone holder could be better-placed

7. Better overall construction of vehicle

·
Registered
747 Posts
1> 260hp engine (all us old pilot owner will hate Honda for this)
2> sunroof
3> new color choice
4> factory incentive :3: :3: :3:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Re: Re: What changes should Honda make in the Pilot in the next year or two

Loutog said:

Your list is fine with me ( The leather seats and more aggressive exterior stying would be at the very bottom)

I would Add:

1: Extended side step length that goes further back to better serve putting things on roof.

2: Roof "scuff protectors" running along the raised bars on the roof top to protect against Minor scratches

<snip>
Regarding the "scuff protectors", has anyone considered getting Rhino Lining on the raised portions of the roof? In case you haven't heard of it, Rhino Lining is a permanent "non-skid" lining used to permanently line the beds of trucks.

·
Registered
608 Posts
<B>Pilot-1:</B> why would you want to go from a 5 speed auto to a 4 speed auto?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've had 4-speed autos in every car I've had....I do not like how the 5-speed has to constantly shift to maintain its speed on hills....and the complimentary "pause" while it's hunting for a gear can be irritating.

I know this is one of Honda's fuel saving devices, but it's driving me nuts! The 4-speed autos cruise at a higher rpm, but the extra smoothness and lack of gear changing of the 4-speed on long trips is well worth it....I can set it on cruise and "fuhgeddaboudit".

Yes, I'm really picky. :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
iivtecracerii said:
the radio is double din sized.
Actually, the top radio unit is just under a double din size. I researched this pretty extensively. It's about 1/4" less than double din. That means that if you replace the factory radio, you will be left with a space underneath. I was hoping to install my own DVD navigation system but needed a double din sized opening.

·
Registered
411 Posts
kemosabe said:
This topic was kind of hashed out pretty extensively here in this other thread... :)

I think it's okay to "hash out" topics more than once, especially if some time has passed since the last hashing out.

Some people on the board seem to be perturbed if someone brings up a topic that has been mentioned previously, even if it's been a while since the first thread was begun.

I think beginning a new thread is a great way to get more responses, especially from members who have joined since the originally thread. There are only so many varied topics. Of course we're going to "re-hash" some :4:

By the way, I agree with most of the input of others on this topic....

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
JungleJim said:

I think it's okay to "hash out" topics more than once, especially if some time has passed since the last hashing out.

Some people on the board seem to be perturbed if someone brings up a topic that has been mentioned previously, even if it's been a while since the first thread was begun.

I think beginning a new thread is a great way to get more responses, especially from members who have joined since the originally thread. There are only so many varied topics. Of course we're going to "re-hash" some :4:

By the way, I agree with most of the input of others on this topic....
My intent was to point ollicat to the other thread to let him/her read what comments have already been hashed out (just as another data point)... :rolleyes:

Perhaps my statement would've suited you better if I had said, "Here's some similar thoughts and opinions from the past in another thread..." :8:

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Minor, but Irritating

Not about the vehicle itself, but I sure wish Honda would redesign the floor mats to cover the dead pedal area. Just seems like it's something so obvious and so easy to have done right in the first place!!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:

My intent was to point ollicat to the other thread to let him/her read what comments have already been hashed out (just as another data point)... :rolleyes:

Perhaps my statement would've suited you better if I had said, "Here's some similar thoughts and opinions from the past in another thread..." :8:
Dog gone it Kemo - what's with this "stirring the pot" all the time?!?! :2: :2:

In all seriousness, if anyone has been on any "list" for any length of time, you will see threads repeated, questions asked over and over again. The old-timers (dinosaurs?) will sometimes point out the original threads to the newbies - other times they will just join in and repeat the same answer that they did the last time. Sometimes it's kinda neat to answer a little different - just to see if any of the other old-timers are paying attention!! :D

FAQ's are nice, but many people avoid them for some reason.

Now, can we get back to which color is the best????

:eek:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
have the option to select 4th gear.

Leather wrapped steering wheel on models without leather, and I don't mean that cover you can buy from Honda. I'm talking about the exact one that comes on the EX-L models. I just love a GOOD leather wrapped steering wheel.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
GreenMachine said:

Why?

One of the top complaints my brother has with him MDX is accidentally put it in "D4".

If you need a lower gear, "D3" works great, and if you don't "D" seems to be where you should be

·
Registered
449 Posts
GreenMachine said:

Leather wrapped steering wheel on models without leather, and I don't mean that cover you can buy from Honda. I'm talking about the exact one that comes on the EX-L models. I just love a GOOD leather wrapped steering wheel.
You see them on ebay fairly regularly from those that have replaced it with the wooden steering wheel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts