Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I own a 06 pilot it has check engine light on with codes PO300,PO301 PO302,PO304, and PO420. While driving on highway at 65-75 mph. I all of a sudden I feel that my pilot is not accelerating when I step on gas. So i start to pull over and then it turns off on me. After I pulled over safely I put it in to park and turnd the key to the off position and tried to start it up and it didn't start. All it sounds like the starter is not engaging just spins . Can anyone help with this issue. I would really appreciate the help .

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
I hope you didn't break your timing belt?

There was somebody who broke their flywheel.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Starter spinning is odd. Your confident the engine is not turning over? If so, after such an event, I'd say the initial prognosis is not good.

Reactions: briantii

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Just had crank sensor changed on our and seems to work fine now?????
There would have been an engine code for that, not mentioned in the OP. P0335.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I checked the timing belt and it is not broken. I just can't figure out what can cause the engine to turn off while driving and also causing it not to turn on. That is very troubling

·
Registered
419 Posts
If the timing belt was broken I would still get a crank out of it right???
yes, the starter turns the crank, the timing belt links the crank to the camshafts. I dont recommend cranking it if you think a timing belt failed. I you should be able to look thru the upper timing belt covers or remove one to confirm the belt has failed.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,174 Posts
Yes, unless the valves hit the piston so bad and locked up the motor.

Reactions: fivermillions
1 - 12 of 12 Posts