Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some reading here I decided to inquire instead. I know KYB is the rear shock of choice. I ordered a brand off Amazon called "TRQ" through 1A auto. I will however order KYB with springs for the front. Worst case these rear shocks are junk but hold a lifetime warranty. Has anyone else tried these? I've read so many conflicting reviews online about rear KYB shocks I could not decide. I dont even mind if I have to replace later due to cost. But I have zero rebound and I'm trying to do this kinda quickly. They were junk when I bought my Pilot and made noise going over bumps. But now they truly are dead haha. I looked at Bilstein and Sachs. But I need good ride quality and endurance. I drive the mountains a lot. And am habitually doing it with up to 6 people on average. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
After doing some reading here I decided to inquire instead. I know KYB is the rear shock of choice. I ordered a brand off Amazon called "TRQ" through 1A auto. I will however order KYB with springs for the front. Worst case these rear shocks are junk but hold a lifetime warranty. Has anyone else tried these? I've read so many conflicting reviews online about rear KYB shocks I could not decide. I dont even mind if I have to replace later due to cost. But I have zero rebound and I'm trying to do this kinda quickly. They were junk when I bought my Pilot and made noise going over bumps. But now they truly are dead haha. I looked at Bilstein and Sachs. But I need good ride quality and endurance. I drive the mountains a lot. And am habitually doing it with up to 6 people on average. Thanks in advance!
Since your in the mountains a lot I take it you also have a jeep ?

Reactions: RedsPilot

·
Registered
603 Posts
I didnt think bilstein makes one for your year model pilot? If they do thats my top choice. I put KYB Excel-G on my 2011 in the rear, and they feel just like OEM. Pretty soft.

Reactions: RedsPilot

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The closest thin I know better. I do however entertain owning euro cars and Hondas lol. Started off as a Chevy girl. Turned out to be pretty disappointing for me in the end. But in 03 I bought a 96 Accord. Been hooked on Honda since. Euros are for fun. Pilot is for
I do not. Never have. Dont think 01 Durango counts that 4.7 was a mercedes motor. Stranded me 15 minutes south if Rawlins WY 3 days before Christmas. Fuel pump. Started off Chevy but that died with the purchase of an 96 Accord. Had it for 13 years sold her at 204k with a fresh timing belt. Still have a manual 95 Accord EX. With AC! Lol. Hondas are where my heart is. Audi/VW is where my fun is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
T
I didnt think bilstein makes one for your year model pilot? If they do thats my top choice. I put KYB Excel-G on my 2011 in the rear, and they feel just like OEM. Pretty soft.
I thought I saw some and was really checking them out. I'll be swapping again if these are trash but the way its riding now is terrible lol. Body roll and no rebound at all. Im trying to save the rest of the suspension before anything else happens. Have Bilsteins on the A8L and theyre very nice. Worth the money no doubt. Just a tad on the poor side at the moment so I had to go a bit cheaper in the meantime.

·
Registered
5,520 Posts
I've happy with the KYBs.

2006 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Shock Absorber | RockAuto

They've been perfectly fine for my softroading adventures.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I've happy with the KYBs.

2006 HONDA PILOT 3.5L V6 Shock Absorber | RockAuto

They've been perfectly fine for my softroading adventures.

And all this time I thought your off roading adventures were limited to driving on the grass ?

Just kidding! .. awesome adventures i'm sure ..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the rear shocks in today. Good lord they were OEM...186k....not sure if thats good or bad but Honda makes some cool stuff haha. Noticed rear control arm bushings are on the list but still decent. Huge ride difference. I was a bum and didnt take my wheels off. Just lifted for R&R the torqued on the ground. I cant work under my other cars like this I love it. Lets hope they last a bit. Cant wait to do the fronts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts