Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What accessory of any kind have you discovered that you love. And I don't just mean a Honda cargo tray or mud flap -- I mean the cool accessory you now put in every new car you buy.

Mine's gotta be a Valentine One radar detector!

And fuzzy dice don't count! ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts
NAV and the auto day/night mirror. I will get those 2 things in any new car I get.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Pocket PC (compaq)

Download audio books and periodicals from www.audible.com and listen in the car. How did I live without this? Now the kids can choose an audio book, and listen immediately. No need for a trip to the library or bookstore.

Nothing like instant gratification :jump3: especially with kids.

Our favorites? Captain's Courageous, The Hobbit, Alice in Wonderland, anything by E. Nesbit...

Plus, with GPS card, and map software, a variation on nav is also available...not to mention e-mail, audio recorder (quick notes while traveling), calendar...all the typical PDA stuff, and more. No doubt; the most useful thing in my car.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Hella Map Lights

Or a cheap copy that plugs in the cig lighter.
Nothing better for the navagator to read maps by, while the Pilot, err. driver does his job.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: Hella Map Lights

N_Jay said:
Or a cheap copy that plugs in the cig lighter.
Nothing better for the navagator to read maps by, while the Pilot, err. driver does his job.
I think you need NAV, it was only 1995- more then the light :p

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Nav? I don't need no stink'n Nav!

That would give me no reason to wake my wife, err the navagator , up in the middle of the night to find out what exit I need!
:2:

·
Registered
180 Posts
The ac/dc inverter is proving to be invaluable. We can plug almost anything in and it works like a charm. This includes Playstation 2, game cube, laptops, cell phone rechargers, etc....

·
Registered
226 Posts
How much for converter?

What did you pay for the DC/AC converter?
Do they also have AC/DC converter? Where did you get it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Power Inverter

We use ours all the time - picked it up at Sam's about a year ago, for about $40. Use it to power a TV/VCR combo, laptop, recharge batteries, and a few other 'accessories', without a problem.

My only suggestion, is to go with as high of a rated wattage as you can reasonably afford (usually there's just a $10-$20 difference between the units). Friend of mine bought the cheaper model, and has had trouble with some of the things he wanted to power. Ours came with 2 hook-ups (cigarette lighter and battery clips), and to reach the 400 watts, it has to be connected right to the battery. It still has more than enough power when I use the cigarette lighter jack.

It's just a handy thing to have around!

Ed F
H-Blue EX-L, 4,400 wonderful miles

·
Registered
180 Posts
The one I bought can handle 700 watts. It was hardwired and installed under the drivers seat. Can power 3 things simultaneously.

We paid $110 with installation.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Nothin' Hi-Tech about it but I gotta tell ya... that Cargo Carrier is a wonderful thing. When I first got it I thought, Heck - I'll never use that! But it's great for sticking small bags of groceries in or gallons of milk so it won't roll around. Even put the re-filled propane tank in the one side and it rode beautifully! Handy little thing. ;)

And I do love my Auto Day/Night mirror. :4:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sage said:
Nothin' Hi-Tech about it but I gotta tell ya... that Cargo Carrier is a wonderful thing. When I first got it I thought, Heck - I'll never use that! But it's great for sticking small bags of groceries in or gallons of milk so it won't roll around. Even put the re-filled propane tank in the one side and it rode beautifully! Handy little thing. ;)

And I do love my Auto Day/Night mirror. :4:
Do you mean the cargo net or the cargo organizer (the box)?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Mkell said:

Do you mean the cargo net or the cargo organizer (the box)?
The cargo organizer. And it's collapsible when not needed.
I have the net and haven't used it yet, I think because I have the organizer. Sturdier. :cool:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Forgot about power converters

I keep one in each car.
SamsClub for $28 each.

I have had a few different ones.
I find the 300/600 or 400/800 watt type best, as smaller won't run a lot of things due to start up current, and the larger ones tend to blow fuses if not hard wired. (Fuses blow during start up of the converter, not due to overload)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the day/night mirror with compass, towing package, bike rack, and moonroof. Also all the wood stuff which sure was overpriced! :rolleyes:
Karie

·
Registered
494 Posts
The highland 3 pocket cargo net. It works like the hammock cargo net, but has three divided pockets. Picked it up at Pep Boy's, but I've seen them at a near by walmart supercenter too. Here's the pict.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Tony

I love your cargo net; but don't have a Pep Boys anywhere nearby. Is there any other info you can provide that might help me locate one? I tried the internet searching for highland; but didn't find anything. I have looked at our local Walmart as well. No luck. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks Tony

Saw the three pocket cargo net in your post and immediately went out and got one. Wife uses it constantly. Not a bad add-on for $17.00. Got mine at Wal-Mart SuperCenter. Good call, Tony.

Bill

·
Registered
342 Posts
For me the cargo tray, Navi, and roof box have proven the most useful. Still wish I had a sunroof though.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts