Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2019 Honda Pilot Touring. Just about every time I work under the hood, removing the plastic coverings there, I lose one or more of of these hold-down pegs. I bought some from the local Honda dealer but they charge something like $3.75@, as I recall. Kinda outrageous for the itsy-bitsy part.

Last time at the dealer, they used a longer white replacement so even they lose 'em. If I knew what they're called, I might be able to locate a replacement. What say you, out there? What are these? And anyone know where I can get them cheaper?

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
I purchased a whole assortment of Honda fasteners like that on Amazon. They came in handy when I installed the transmission cooler. I got the whole kit for less than Honda wanted for a couple of them at the dealer.

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
868 Posts
They tend to get brittle with age too, so it's good to have some spares on hand.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I purchased a whole assortment of Honda fasteners like that on Amazon. They came in handy when I installed the transmission cooler. I got the whole kit for less than Honda wanted for a couple of them at the dealer.
Do you mind sharing which kit you bought? I lost one when I was working on VCM tuner.

·
Registered
98 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Tried finding those, Amazon says no exact match found. Bunch of generic ones that list Honda along with other makes, but none that are Honda specific as shown in post #10

·
Registered
883 Posts
Those kits on amazon are all showing push pins, none like the solid piece that is in the first post. The striker pin may be able to be replaced with a push pin, but I am not sure. I had my dealer give me 6 extras when they broke one removing the plastic cover.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I leased my '16 for 3 years and I think I opened the hood twice, what are you guys servicing in there?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I own a 2019 Honda Pilot Touring. Just about every time I work under the hood, removing the plastic coverings there, I lose one or more of of these hold-down pegs. I bought some from the local Honda dealer but they charge something like $3.75@, as I recall. Kinda outrageous for the itsy-bitsy part.

Last time at the dealer, they used a longer white replacement so even they lose 'em. If I knew what they're called, I might be able to locate a replacement. What say you, out there? What are these? And anyone know where I can get them cheaper?

View attachment 139033
Search this part number.
91547-TZ5-A02

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
You guys realize you can just change the .ca to .com and viceversa in any Amazon product listing, and if they sell the same product on both sites, it will just toggle back and forth between the Canadian and US sites...

For the all products listed above on the Amazon.ca site, they are both available on the .com site if you do this.

·
Registered
2020 Pilot Black Edition
185 Posts
You guys realize you can just change the .ca to .com and viceversa in any Amazon product listing, and if they sell the same product on both sites, it will just toggle back and forth between the Canadian and US sites...

For the products listed above on the Amazon.ca site, they are both available on the .com site if you do this.
Yes definitely! Great note. Only reason I put the new link is the original was out of stock when I had checked (to order some myself... little buggers always disappear).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts