Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Along with all of my operator manuals and the small plastic shift-lock cover that goes on the top of the steering wheel shaft to cover that hole, I received 4 black rubber objects that look like body plugs. The dealer told me every new Pilot ships that way now but that they are extra because some Pilots ship with the plugs already installed. Does anyone know what these are for, if they are important, and how to check if my Pilot has them installed already? My experience says to not always trust the dealer as they often don't know for sure and just make things up.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
rubber plugs

DANG! Scooped by the Scoobs. Wish I could type faster.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whoa! Thanks for the ultra-quick replies. I'm still a newbie here but I'll search the forums in the future.

Thxs again!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Why don't the dealers put these on before you pick up your Pilot? I never got any plugs or anything? Does this mean it was already done for me?

Guess I should have paid more attention to these little plugs?

rob

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hi Rob,
You might want to check under your pilot to make sure they( the plugs) are there. My pilot was delivered to me with only two of the plugs installed and the other two nowhere to be found. Apparently most dealers still don't have a clue regarding the plugs.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hi Scoobs, thanks, I will check, where are these plugs located under the Pilot?

thanks

rob

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
gopilot said:
...where are these plugs located under the Pilot?...
Check out the pictures and diagrams in this thread. If you plugs look the same, install as indicated on the diagram. Hope this helps.
(scroll down to see pictures of the plug, diagram, picture of the holes, and picture of the plugs installed)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
yes, see page two of the thread for the location. ther are also two more , one each side located on the box rails running on each side of the vehicle. thet are just behind the front wheel. So I guess that actually makes six plugs in total.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts