Votes: 23 27.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many different reasons for us to purchase the Pilot. In many reviews, the pros or cons may not present the same view as individual Pilot owner. For example, I love the style of Pilot. I think it is the prettiest SUV in today's market.

It will be interesting to find out what are the Piloteers view regarding their decisions.

What are the top TWO reasons that you bought the Pilot? (please, only two so that the results will be more distinguishable).

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll start with the list and any suggestion is welcome.

1. Price
2. Style
3. Build Quality & Reliability (HONDA)
4. 8 seats
5. Comfortable ride
6. Safety
7. Fun to Drive
8. Meets my need
9. Storage & Interior Space
10. It IS SUV

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
240hp, ~20mpg, *AND* Regular Gas

Any one of those (or even two) is not so impressive, but put them all together and the Pilot hits quite a sweet spot. I consider that triple combination one reason and the most compelling. :29:

The "Fund to drive" option (I guess it's a typo) seems like a play on words that I don't understand. :8:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: 240hp, ~20mpg, *AND* Regular Gas

krygny said:
Any one of those (or even two) is not so impressive, but put them all together and the Pilot hits quite a sweet spot. I consider that triple combination one reason and the most compelling. :29:

The "Fund to drive" option (I guess it's a typo) seems like a play on words that I don't understand. :8:
Edited "Fund" to "Fun"

·
Registered
602 Posts
In my opinion, Honda gives you the most car for the money. And their reliability is among the top three in the world.

If your looking for something sexy, fun to drive, eyecatching, performance driven, then look elsewhere.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
The reasons I traded a Highlander for the Pilot are:

1. Large interior, wide stance, plenty of headroom.

2. Bigger engine, faster off the line, uses regular gas.

3. Better OEM stereo.

4. Quieter ride.

5. Drives like a much smaller vehicle.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
It really is hard to pick only 2 reasons because the Pilot is a great compromise vehicle in the best sense of the term. It is a great combination of a large number of things:

1. Goldilocks size, neither too big nor too small
2. Safety, but wish it had side curtain airbags
3. Reliability
4. Value
5. It's not a minivan

It was not our favorite in terms of styling, but it had the best combination of values for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
414 Posts
"meets my needs" is kind of a catch all without being specific. I probably should've picked the quality one instead. What I wanted was a good reliable car, that could carry a lot of stuff and/or people, without guzzling too much gas, but it had to be at least an AWD 6 cyclinder to make it easily up the mountain, and not break the bank.

I feel like I only compromised slightly on the gas guzzling, but I'm comparing it to past 4 cylinder cars.

·
Registered
365 Posts
robrecht said:
It really is hard to pick only 2 reasons because the Pilot is a great compromise vehicle in the best sense of the term. It is a great combination of a large number of things:

1. Goldilocks size, neither too big nor too small
2. Safety, but wish it had side curtain airbags
3. Reliability
4. Value
5. It's not a minivan

It was not our favorite in terms of styling, but it had the best combination of values for a reasonable price.
Well said, I think this is my list as well...

·
Registered
29 Posts
My need is 4WD in the winter to get from my house to the road. (Of course so much of the drive up the laneway depends on how well dh takes care of snow removal, lol.) My laneway is uphill and > 200 metres long. My Camry required chains in addition to the Blizzak tires. Then the subaru legacy AWD also got stuck a couple of times. Our pick up truck is 4WD and I have never gotten stuck with it on the drive way, but it only seats 2 persons; therefore my second reason is the seating.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kemosabe said:
I moved this thread to the "Polls" forum (where it should belong, vice the "General Discussions" forum)... :)
Thanks. Kemosabe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: 240hp, ~20mpg, *AND* Regular Gas

krygny said:

Agree. I was thinking about the gas mileage in the beginning too. However, most of the mid size SUV provide similar results (+/- 1 mile/gallon). You are absolutely correct that put all three factor together (power, mileage, and gas type), it it impressive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
guitarman said:
In my opinion, Honda gives you the most car for the money. And their reliability is among the top three in the world.

If your looking for something sexy, fun to drive, eyecatching, performance driven, then look elsewhere.
I alway like Honda because the design is simple and reliable. In my view, Honda builds auto to meet daily needs. All models may not be glamors as compared to other automakers. They certainly function as an outstanding "transportation" tools.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts