Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
late to the party here as I do not log on much.

That is one of the downsides of having huge variance in scrub radius. When the vehicle starts to 'track' or follow the road grooves, the driver has to constantly correct via steering inputs to maintain a straight driving vehicle. This because laborious and in such a road condition when emergency stopping is required, it can become somewhat scary.
Using larger diameter tires & wheels also affect the effective torque output at those corners with the torque diminishing as the size increases. This also reduces overall acceleration. This could be the reason why some feel more confident in turns, as their overall vehicle speed is scrubbed (compared to it being on OEM spec tire/wheel package).

Enjoy the combination and keep us updated on your future adjustments.
I have pretty much the exact same diameter of the new wheels as on the stock wheels (+1% or so), so there is no change in the behaviour due to the overall size of the wheel. But the scrub definitely have some impact on the driving experience on bad roads with deep tracks. I'm used to that from my previous cars, so it's nothing intimidating. It's just slightly less comfortable :).

I have pretty much the exact same diameter of the new wheels as on the stock wheels (+1% or so), so there is no change in the behaviour due to the overall size of the wheel. But the scrub definitely have some impact on the driving experience on bad roads with deep tracks. I'm used to that from my previous cars, so it's nothing intimidating. It's just slightly less comfortable :).
Are you still on the 20x10 setup you posted about a few months back? I’m looking to go with the same setup on my Ridgeline . Do you have an regrets? I was on 22x9 et 20 on 265/40 and had a slight rub on the Inner fender liner but I was totally ok with it. I was trying to go with the most aggressive setup on 20s and calculated your specs as the option , then I ran into your post and I’m convinced this is my best option…..that or 275/45. The other thing I’m trying to achieve is a wheel with a good amount of concave to it. I’m seeing that a 10 or 10.5 inch wheel will get me that. Thanks in advance for your help.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Are you still on the 20x10 setup you posted about a few months back? I’m looking to go with the same setup on my Ridgeline . Do you have an regrets? I was on 22x9 et 20 on 265/40 and had a slight rub on the Inner fender liner but I was totally ok with it. I was trying to go with the most aggressive setup on 20s and calculated your specs as the option , then I ran into your post and I’m convinced this is my best option…..that or 275/45. The other thing I’m trying to achieve is a wheel with a good amount of concave to it. I’m seeing that a 10 or 10.5 inch wheel will get me that. Thanks in advance for your help.
I'm on the same set up, and no regrets. But it's rubbing on the inner fender liner when reversing and pulling out from a parking place for instance, so to optimize it, I would have choosen a wheel with et 40. In my case I didn't have that option, as the wheels i fell in love with (much due to the extreme concave look) were et35.

et40 wheels and 275/45 tires should do the trick I think.

I'm on the same set up, and no regrets. But it's rubbing on the inner fender liner when reversing and pulling out from a parking place for instance, so to optimize it, I would have choosen a wheel with et 40. In my case I didn't have that option, as the wheels i fell in love with (much due to the extreme concave look) were et35.

et40 wheels and 275/45 tires should do the trick I think.
How much clearance do you have between the wheel and the suspension?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.